advice on leathers for racing

alright, i will be drag racing my snowmobile this summer at lancaster and im wanting to keep safety in mind…for the asphalt its looking like i will need a better snell approved helmet and leathers.

looking for something of good quality without breaking the bank. what are you guys using when at the track? 1 piece suit, pants and jacket that zipper together? any brands you prefer?

this is completely new to me…

thanks.

I have nothing to offer on this but im def in for replies.

Check wera. Is this just gonna be a couple times or a new hobby? There are a to of used like new, only worn 2x suits rolling around. How fast is your sled? How tall short fat skinny are you

^^^i intend to run every week. been racing on the grass for years, want to try out the asphalt and bracket race all summer.

from talking with others that have ran pavement, my sled at its current power with me on it is capable of high 9’s 1/4 mile. im 5’7 about 150 lbs so pretty slim

Separate pants and jacket are less safe than a 1 piece suit. Try for a 360 degree zipper at least. Separate is good however if you have a weird body type and need to mix and match sizing

different suit companies (and some suit models within the manufacturer) fit differently. Joe Rocket for example is better for heftier dudes

I found a great deal on WERA in the offseason, got a ~$2000 Dainese suit that had been crashed in once, was still fine, for $300 or so. Took me multiple months of casually searching though

+1 on dainese.ill add more later.ypure probably a size 40 pr ao for reference

Considering how uneventful asphalt will likely be on a sled as far as falling off or crashing, I’d feel safe suggesting 2pc leathers which would be easier to deal with for all the standing around that happens at the strip.

Thats what I was going to say.buy a set with a decent zipper

vanson is the best out there …

thanks for the opinions guys. i actualy just picked up a suit the other day. was at the guys house that is helping me with setup on the sled and he had one there that he cant fit into anymore so i got it for $100. its a technic 2 piece zip together suit, fits me perfectly and is in really nice shape. seemed to be of good quality. :tup:

Hopefully not the chicane model. Either way good price

i have no idea what model it is ill have to look. its black and silver, white lettering. zip together zip goes all the way around. i figure for the price even if i did ever go down and it was trashed after, as long as it did its job then ok with me.