Affordable alternative to dual rear caliper setup for drifters

[QUOTE=I<3-SR20DET;3440320]Get rid of your car and leave us alone.
-Z32 calipers are cheap.
-17" tires are cheap.
-18" tires are cheap.

The whole point of a dual caliper setup is to be over the top, you dont want to be over the top so give up on the idea.

-Good pads and rotors make a basic s13 ebrake lock fine all day every day.[/QUOTE]

haha ok buddy. I bet you still live at home hanging off your moms nipples. I bet she pays for you insurance as well…so easy for you to criticize. I have learned my lesson posting on SON. Shame

He does have a point in regard to the stock ebrake, with good pads and rotors it is able to lock the wheels just fine!!

Nate, I have been using a stock e brake for years with good pads. It worked great until the last event. The cables have stretched now to the point that I have to pull the ebrake really hard. It is about to snap. Instead of replacing them, going hydro wont have that issue and it will last. I just dont get the rude comments. For me its simple, i have extra z32 calipers, and a hydro brake. Building adapter plates to mount the calipers will cost me less then the cables themselves. Thanks for not being a dick!

Conky, honestly, you’re getting really heated over guys that are entitled to their opinion. I just found a few sets of z32 calipers, with rotors,f or less then $200. And a caliper rebuild kit from anywhere is like $15 and that’s IF you need to rebuild them. And a lot of tire places will see like 17" steelies for cheap, and used tires with like 80% tread on them for really cheap. My buddy just picked up 4 sets of Z rated tires with 85% tread on them for his mazda 3, 225/45/17’s for under $400. And then if you have steelies, you can go get some sick hubcaps from Canadian Tire BROOO! Seriously though, just take a chill, and listen to what these guys say. Your ideas great, but a lot of guys on here know what they’re talking about, not trying to disprove you, just saying it can be done without your bracket things. If some guys wanna flame, let them flame, it’s a forum man, as long as you’re happy with your setup, just laugh at anyone else who tries to bring you down.

Just giving some incite on the Dual caliper set up. Anyways I feel like your price is fair I guess, but really like someone else said just keep your stock brakes on and get some good pads. Once you have burned through all of those 15" tires you have, gotten some great seat time and have saved up enough money to do the dual caliper swap properly then engage in the project. I only say this because if your going though the trouble of taking the rear knuckle apart may as well go all the way. I mean do you want a :suckoff: or do you want the whole thing:ky:?

i d like to ball out… which means… i would be getting my self a cobra rotor and 17" rims… :smiley:
after all… YOLO?

Thanks for the input guys. Still when ahead with stock 4 bolt S13 and everything fits fine. ASD 16" pull brake with take care of the rest. [ATTACH]23094[/ATTACH]

Any pics of the actual braket

This is the set up I run. http://zilvia.net/f/brakes/402922-s-chassis-dual-caliper-kit-new.html Facebook this guy George Marstanovic, he makes them and helps fund his formula D season. I run 4 z32 calipers on the rear with a wilwood master with an AN line that runs into a T and then AN lines to 2 of the calipers with COBRA R rotors from summitraging. $300 for z32 calipers $60 in lines and fittings, $250 for kit, $80 rotors and $60 pads. Or you can be real cheap and tap into the rear brake lines like we all used too. For good reason and safety DMCC and Formula D will not allow it. The kit says bolt on I had to do some shaving of the rear spindles to get the bolts in for the mounts. It does add up but this is the only way to stay legal if you plan to compete in a series.

The price I posted wasnt some magic jdm price, it was the going rate. Not my problem you didnt walk into a local hose supply or parts store vs WWW

The brackets I made for the mock up are being duplicated at my buddy Spencer’s shop Solex. When they are done and all pretty and painted I will post it up.

Thanks for the advice but this is just a toy. Drifting for me is simply endless fun. Having a hydro brakes just makes it more reliable and so on. Only competition i’m interested in is time attack and that’s not this car :slight_smile:

I dont walk into stores, I dont surf the web for deals. I have my sources just like you. That being said, why would I list all the amazing deals I get from my contacts that no one else gets? It was a reference point Sharpe…nothing more. Im not sure why you keep bringing this up. Would you like an apology for showing list pricing? This is the total build cost for me for your info,

Brackets - free. I made the mock ups and Spencer is awesome and owes me a favor. Met him at Mosport. Awsome guy!
Calipers - $200 fully rebuilt and warranty’d
Pads - Hawk HP+, had an extra set from my previous setup on my S14.
ASD Hydro brake with 16" pull - 189 plus shipping.
All hydro lines will be custom by me and my flair tool.
Notice how there are no Stainless lines listed sharpe? I’m not putting them in, but it is easier to spend some cash and buy flex lines for some people when they dont have the tools or skills.

All in all, I will have a reliable, dual caliper setup with hydro for under $500 and none of it is used shit. Period.

well asd you ll need even if you go zilvia dual caliper bracket. also by going asd let you use fittings that you can find at brafasco.
only advantage of using your kit other then a price difference on a bracket would be saving $ on cobra disc and no z32 caliper upgrade… but which i heard from varun that big rotor helps out with all that hard braking dual caliper gives out…

so yeah both of brackets have its ups and down… imo. after all $1200 vs $500 is a big difference lol lol lol