Aftermarket H.I.D Law??

I’m looking at putting an H.I.D kit in my Cobalt SS and was wondering what is the law for NYS. I’m debating between a 10K and 8K kit

dont go about 7k and ull be fine…

ur wasting your $ going above 10k ull get the same light output from ricer blue pepboys lights

anything above 5400 kelvin is just a painted bulb. Blue light makes for shitty headlights… Looks cheap too

bluer = less visible light to the human eye

just make sure align them good

nothing more annoying than a set of HID’s shining in your mirrors at night blinding the fuck out of you. Thats why I keep lots and lots of pennies in the car :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: j/k

edit: I honestly think they should be outlawed all together (especially on SUV’s)… totally unnecessary and create more problems than they solve. Yeah, sure the driver can see better, but at everyone elses expense

it’s only a matter of time me thinks

i have 4600’s on my car… pure white great visability

arent all aftermarket HID kits now illegal? I thought they passed a law about it.

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/nhtsa4304.htm

I’d say not ALL of them are illegal, but the NHTSA is looking at the aftermarket kits to make sure they follow the same standards as OEM HID’s.

Those of you that have done the conversion on a car that doesn’t have an HID option from the factory (ex, a Civic hatch), do you get bothered by the police?

Never got bothered once on my GTi.

i had them in my civic for a while and was never pulled over, and only flashed once (that was when i had just put them in and they werent adjusted)

they are a lot better than stock, but the glare can be really bad.