Age vs Facebook

Being the first college kids to be on Facebook, I still have mine. What do people think about as they get older, would they delete them?

I like it simply for people from High school or that moved away can find me and keep in touch but I am sick of every low life bar tender inviting me to “their bar” or getting 10 messages from people I don’t know telling me to come see them downtown at work.

The latest was some 50 year old guy in Florida sent me a message saying how cool it was we have the same spelling and name. :banghead:

Personally, I don’t know why people I know write on my “wall” or send me a message on there when they know my email and cell phone number and can just text me when they wanna see what I am doing that night.

Is there a specific milestone in your life you will delete yours or will you be a 50 year old on there.

Graduate?

Marrage?

Kids?

Although im 20 and do not have one… I see this becoming more commonly accepted amongst everyone. This will be the equivalent of middle aged people who email each other to stay in touch. Now our generation will just use facebook.

Maybe you have a business partner across the country you only talk to over the phone. Well, being his facebook friend may help formalize your relationship. Im not saying this is how it is, im just saying this is how I see it becoming.

Idk

Adults use LinkedIn :slight_smile:

fixed

fixed

Nerds who want to make business connections and want to move up…from say call centers and help desks :slight_smile:

In 5 years it will become infested with pictures of babies and caravans.

i have a linkedIN but i hardly ever go on it

I know someone who bases their relationships with people on facebook status’.

:slight_smile: ^^^^^^^

i had someone add me from south america who had the same name as me, cool. i didnt know them, SO I DECLINED THEIR FRIEND REQUEST

I’m 27 and don’t have a Facebook, nor do I plan on starting one.

I don’t surf the net. No I’ve never been on myspace. Too busy letting my voice vibrate, carving out my space.

I’ve never been on facebook or myspace or any of that.

Do people still use AIM? I don’t think I’ve launched AIM in 2 years. Maybe more.

EDIT: I’m 26.

im on windows messanger and aim right now!

Dammit i musta missed the memo

actually i’ve never even heard of this

YOUNG ADULTS

now that i woulda expected from sherm, not you ouch

but i mean no harm, HE PROBABLY DOES

lol at thinking im making a career out of this :tup:

i have one, it doesn’t have all the garbage that myspace has …but when it reaches that point i’m sure i’ll stop using it too lol

I have one but never use it. I only have it so that people can keep in touch that I haven’t seen since high school. It is useful for networking but that’s about it. I used to do the apps and all that like 2 years ago. But I honestly haven’t even logged into it in about 9months or so.