Air condition

Alright, summer is around the corner, that means A/C time.

I know that i have no refrigerant in my system, and Crappy Tire is selling a A/C refill kit for $49.99, i’m wondering if anyone had used it on their 240, and is it possible to use it on the 240. I know i might have a leak, but they also have a leak repair kit.

Any feedback welcomed

I’ve used the kit your talking about, and i find it worked on my coupe when I had it flawlessly, I used the repair kit and then the 2 bottles that is provided with the kit.
All and all, it was decent, A/C was nice for the summer.

I know flyingchicken had problems with his A/C refill :.

is it hard to do? and does it have all the connections needed?

Alright, I got the kit from canadian tire, put it in, and what do i hear? A leak, Used the leak kit bottle, it still leaked out

So who know of a reasonable place to fix my aircondition?
Name: Number: and if you got it fixed price range

thanks

fixing AC is hard and i doubt there’s ever a fixed price. if a lot of things are messed up, you’re in for a huge dept for AC.

my a/c fan melted off and the motor snaped off at the same time… weird…
now i just have a button that says i have a/c

fixing a/c isn’t hard. Your just replacing parts.

what is leaking?

can you tell where it is coming from?

you’ll want to replace the reciever/dryer with whatever else you are replacing.

for replacement parts, any aftermarket rad shops would also carry condensors.

I don’t mean hard as in difficult, but just troublesome and expensive depending on the condition of your AC system.

hmm, interesting because with this heat this summer, it’ll be harsh…

but for our old cars, mine being an 89’ that A/C kit from Crappy Tire
should still do the trick if I have a/c feature in my car?

even if it’s like some old model a/c code, R— or something…

I have no clue if mine works or not…when i swapped out the blown KA there was no frion (?) in it so i guess it leaked out?

I doubut the stop leak kit from crappy tire will work in our cars, bc my leak is too big for a simple liquid solution fix.
oh well i’ll be calling around this week to some ac shops

weight reduction?

haha possibly for the car but more so for the driver, by sweating

so double bonus

I used the kit last year. I had to replace the condenser cause the hole was too big. After that though it worked awesome all last summer. However, when I used it this past saturday it wasn’t working anymore. So I found out the condeser was rusted and leaking in the exact same spot again. I’ve done some research and found that if any moisture is in the system it combines with the freon and turns to acid. So I have a feeling it rotted my condenser from the inside out. If anyone knows, could this be because I didn’t replace the reciever/dryer. I saw Redtek has a dry air thing you can inject into the system to eliminate moisture but I’m wondering if the moisture will just come back if my dryer/receiver isn’t working properly

well dan, how much can you expect in weight reduction with the A/C out?

hey reezer, did you replace the condenser yourself? if so how hard was it? and how much did it cost?

30-40 lbs. I dont even have heating man. No venting, no nothing. Base model. Fucker’s light :slight_smile:

I did replace the condenser myself. It was for my pathfinder though. I got one for $170. The only reason I did it was because all the freon was already out. It can be very dangerous if there is still pressure in the system. It was pretty easy, kind of like changing a rad.

I did replace the condenser myself. It was for my pathfinder though. I got one for $170. The only reason I did it was because all the freon was already out. It can be very dangerous if there is still pressure in the system. It was pretty easy, kind of like changing a rad.

thanks man