Albany Speed Shop / Krazy Kid Kustoms 2004 Jetta Track Car

false. VT does the same thing as NY 96+ requires OBD2 function scan

hrmmmmmm:ninja…might hafta look into that

Hummmm… 02J FOR THE WIN??? I THINK SO

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5101709-NEW-gears-just-arrived

bookoo bucks for that setup. im sure over 5 grand for the transmission marc and autoxtrem use.

yeah for sure!!!

you might enjoy this one. lol Last night I took the last tranny apart finally to put 3rd gear back in. Total carnage this time was:

• 3rd gear set
  • syncro set for 3rd was missing teeth and chunks
  • Chunk of the case missing around pinion bearing race
  • 2 gear syncro rings are rounded bad and were shot
  • Ring gear is missing a tooth, and has a bunch more chipped
  • Pinion is missing a tooth and junk (the R&P really sucks becasue it was the 3.13 long gear set I really liked and its hard to find them! so I guess I use the .43 or .93 I have laying around)
  • speed-o race on the LSD is stripped and so is the sensor

Yeah that about sums it up! lol time to dig into the 02J/02A box of wonders and make something from all the good parts!

Little update last night while I am here. I made a DOM, dual hiem dog bone. 100% solid. I fab’d the pass side motor mount, and need to finaly tig it up tonight. 100% solid. pass side next visit to the shop. I figured go solid to see just how god awefull it will be, and have zero drivetran movement. Good thing I have a good dental plan, because my fillings will fall out I am sure!

the case on the tranny where the dogbone mounts with a single bolt will be looked at. I will put a good 12.9 bolt in there, actually all the motor mounts and shit will be 12.9’s and I will make a bigger version of that little plate that connects to the dog bone and the trans (vw people know what I am talking about) I was also thinking of welding in more aluminum plate around the mounting area for extra strength. We also have plans for another motor mount “dog bone” that will go from the top of the motor, just below the head (off the acc. brackets) to a cross beam on the front frame horns. that will take some stress off the dogbone and trans case I think too. It would form a Z between all the motor mounting points if you can picture that in your heads.

Also I have 2 lower controll arms I am seam welding and plating for strength to start. then add some tabs for the traction bars. Later on I can make a jig and build some ballin tubular lower arms, but no need to now.

This thing is gonna wiegh more than my dually by the time you’re done.

:rofl

I didnt mention I am making the bracing out of unubtainum… super light weight space age shit. actually the more you install on the car the lighter it get!

looking forward to the completion of this vw :slight_smile:

Thank god for dental insurance, my fillings are about to be rattled loose.

Design allows me to adjust the motor forward up to an inch from OEM to weight the front wheels more.

did you design/make those parts?

Yes

yeah, whipped them up last week. simple design. I positioned the motor on the stock mounts, suspended it with a picker to keep it where it is OEM. made the mounting flanges, cut some templates for the sides, and tacked them up. TIG’d them up at home and wrinkle coated them real quick. Dogbone was cake; measured eye to eye the stock dog bone, did the math for the tube adapters and thread length and cut a section of DOM tube, and welded them up.

cake work. Motor wont move at all. race car status FTW

you think vibration is gonna be bad in YOUR CAR? lets throw a set in my TDI, it will be a small earthquake!

thats true! LOL you would feel like your riding around on a industrial tamper!

haha

very nice parts man

thanks! Plasma cutter, drill press, angle grinder, die grinder and a welder were all I used.

Man, if only I had my own lathe and mill… :ninja

But you know someone who does so shuddap and send me some files of shit you need made. :slight_smile:

i will gladly take a poop, photograph it and send it to you. :lol

shit, hand delivered that one to myself :lol