Albany Speed Shop / Krazy Kid Kustoms 2004 Jetta Track Car

He doesn’t like http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wTGa3DIMbIg/SZTsO6SvRYI/AAAAAAAAALM/c10ShcIyxi0/s320/Cookie+Cutter.jpg

and I dont have the money for a wrecked r32 a4 or tt to buy then take up more space while i cut apart and then have to discard the carcus.

$120 in heims steel and tube ends, $150 for a 8.8. and its under there.

and i want to wheelie not crab walk off the line.

Quick time is making the first bell for a Jerico 4 speed. Once that one is done (mid next month), they can make me any bell I would need in 2-4 weeks after that.

Apparently the old skool Muncie boxes are the same bolt pattern as the Jerico box. If thats the case, they are ALL OVER the place, more so than the T5 I thought of originally.

So my question to the RWD and old skool guys, what do the M2X boxes hold for power? how do they like high rpm shifts?

what would your suggestions be? Not looking to spend more than $1000 on a decent box.

By your price quote, your idea of decent is FAR different than mine so my input is going to be null and void :lol

well now I am thinking automatics.

1.8T with a glide!?!!?!

you looking to spend 1k total on transmission, hydraulics and clutch or just the trans?

FOUR EL 80 E

i feel like your the new stockcarboy mike LOL

Not nice.

This thing is not going to get done this year if the builder doesn’t even know what he wants :lol

troof

You fuckers! lol This is true. i have no idea i keep selling myself one way or the other left and right.

BUT…

I came to a conclusion and I am sticking to it.

tomorrow am i am picking up a powerglide. Aluminum case with bellhousing and converter for $200!

should be alot easier and cheaper than a manual solution. an adapter plate to the block and a flex plate on the crank.

Cant wait to drop the brake at 30psi and lift the tires! I am fucking insane.

You high octane fool… youl never live to tell your tale.

Fueled by hopes and dreams. Its all good.

mike give me some of that crack you been buying out there, because your mind is all over the place.

Your car isn’t going to make enough power for a glide… You just ruined any streetability of the car… What happened to it being a balanced, twisties, some 1/4 mile car??? Good luck though… The people who I know run a glide are running big tire 31-33x whatever and a ton of gear…

If you were going to go with an automagic you should have went for the th400, your car would have benefited from the 1st, lowest gear.

You’re a putz, and to think… Before I sold the S10 you were going to do the work on it… LOL

effff it. its getting ladder bars so there goes the streetability anyway. the trans was cheap enough and local. Ill give it a shot. Once i make the adapter plate for the GM housing, I could change it to a TH if the glide sucks.

What do you mean, IF? I know it’s going to suck. It sucks on paper. There was a TH400 on craigslist for cheap, do it.

1.76, and 1.0 are in the transmission.

with 3.73’s and 26" tire:

3000 RPM = 35/62mph
4000 RPM = 47/82mph
5000 RPM = 59/104mph
6000 RPM = 70/125mph
7000 RPM = 83/145mph
8000 RPM = 94/165mph

with 4.10’s and 26" tire:
3000 RPM = 32/56mph
4000 RPM = 42/75mph
5000 RPM = 53/94mph