Albany Speed Shop / Krazy Kid Kustoms 2004 Jetta Track Car

im so proud of you. :tongue

:lol

Yeah the night befor we started taking the wiring apart, started with the amp, radio, and that junk. then the airbag wires, then the abs stuff… and we got to looking at the giant pile of wire and thought all we need out of this is over there in a box, the engine harness to the ecu, and enough to power on the ecu, and feed the gauge cluster… the rest we can make our own harness (mostly reusing the wire and clips we just took out) to run the lights, horn, and crap like that. So then we thought stand alone, but I still need it “inspectable” so its Eurodyne I guess.

Oh cmon rewire everything like I did! Nothing OEM anymore!

we are!!! just reusing the stock ecu and cluster for inspection.

BTW, how did you make out inspecting that stand alone car you have there?? did you find that box?

My car’s a '93 :slight_smile:

But that box isn’t made anymore from what I can tell.

http://www.immensehardware.com/xtreme-obd-3.html

Oh, and he doesn’t make them anymore – but they can be found :wink:

ohh really? get your ass on facebook chit chat at some point and we can talk about it. :thumbup

i heard that state found a way to detect the box somehow.

Thats what i was talking about, they show instock now?

We have received numerous requests for the Xtreme OBDII Simulator. The Xtreme OBDII Simulator is no longer for sale in any country, and it will not return. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Oh fuck

I also heard that NYS has the worst OBDII scanner setup on earth.

Would not doubt it. FUNY

just go F1 brooo

First part out the KK doors is going to be a “race” dogbone. Eurosport used to make a billet solid dog bone for the 1.8T’s but it has been discontinued. Only thing left is using the stock bone with some aftermarket urethane replacement bushings. Prices range from $30 to $80. If you don’t care about some extra vibrations transferred into the car, and don’t want the motor to move or deflect, these just don’t cut it.

What is my solution? 1” DOM .120 wall tubing, QA1 teflon lined, 20Klbs force rated heim joint, 88 durometer urethane bushing, new 12.9 hardware and ¼” steel mounting plate. Fully TIG welded.

Since the heim is threaded and adjustable, you can preload the motor mounts and adjust the clocking angle on the motor. Unless you’re running SOLID motor mounts the motor will still deflect. When you get on the power, the motor rocks, bottoms out absorbs energy and transmits it right back shocking the drivetrain. Between my car, Yetti’s VRT, and Big Red’s old VRT, the only thing different between the 3 cars, that kept Yetti’s tranny intact seems to have been the lack of GOOD motor mounts on my car and BigRed’s.

I have materials to put 2 together soon. Since my car isn’t going to be running in a while, I am going to put one in a stock 1.8T and sending one off to a friends BT 1.8t to test it. It will be interesting to see how harsh this will be in the stock car, and see how much it holds the motor in place on the BT car.

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3112&stc=1&d=1290174921

Looks like a pipe dream.

literly!

Waterjet, weldpositioner for the TIG and the materials sitting on my bench say its one step closer to production. :ninja

this is half a joke and half serrious. You could away register it way heavy with comerical plates since anything over 8500 GVW is emissions plug in exempt. They might look at you a little funny at DMV if you do that though.

thought about that. I heard some late model V8 swap minitruck guys did that, went to the dmv and said they swapped out axles and uped the gvw past 8500 and did that. I also heard if you swap in a diesel its the same idea.

we will see. But as of right now its standalone and all aftermarket gauges. so i gotta figure somethign out. lol thanks for the idea!

whose testing it that a bt 1.8t buddiyez