All members read and reply

Oh the drama… see this is the BS im talkin about… I’m sick of it.

No one listens to one another everyone just rags on other people…

I think I’d be good if non-members could see the board but participation in actual conversation will require them to pay for it. The members section will come as a bonus for signing up and maybe we’ll actually start using some of this hosts features like @son240sx.ca email addresses and alittle bit of FTP web space.

Those are benefits that people would pay for.
Over time once a good group of people are paying for it and using the forum more knowledgable people will flock to this forum because it’s focused and will hopefully contain some good discussion.

If people want to be apart of it they will join, the money is not that hard to get, whats a couple of bucks to something that can provide a wealth of information?

While the age group might be young, it doesn’t mean that they can’t be mature, and alot of people here are tired of putting up with the bullshit, so maybe what we need to do is start upping the anti and having a more mature crowd.

Everyone can have different interest, thats great, but this forum is for the car, thats why it’s a 240 car club! The forums are your means of initial communication, talk about the car and find out everyones personalities by how they responsd to posts and threads. If you want to start talking about different things, then arrange a meet, or exchange MSN’s. This forum can be the beginning of communication between people, but does not have to be the means in which people talk about everything under the sun. And it all comes down to focus, which this club does not have and many people are unsatisfied with.

If there wasn’t a problem then I wouldn’t be here, I’d be back at NEO doing my own thing concerned about my own club. But Andrew REQUESTED my help and so I am simply stating what I think is the problem and what can be done to make this a non-bullshit kinda place. Im not the only one who see’s it because I’ve been PM’d and MSN’d and there are people that agree with what I say. I am generally concerned for SON, I’ve been around since SON went from a Yahoo! mailing list to now, what I consider, it’s darkest hour. I want to see this place around in the future, but right now it just has a huge identity crisis. Face it something has to be done because things aren’t going well the way they are now.

Which is why I say it’s a time to put this forum into focus, and if that means taking out OT because it’s a bandwidth eater then so be it. Like I said it before in I’ll say it again, Off-topic breeds post whores who dont contribute constructively to the club and I think thats wrong.

Now whats happening is that Im getting alot of SON people coming over to NEO. Im not saying that theres anything wrong with people being over at NEO, it’s just that if thats not an indication that things need to change I dont know what is.

They’re tired of the bullshit, they hate the drama. Well then, it’s time to aim for a mature crowd, start cracking the whip, and cutting out the bull crap.

How do I propose this happens… well most of you guys who think that NEO is full of a bunch of ass holes will not agree, but hey it works which is why people see NEO as a mature atmosphere and thats to give your mods flame throwers and start cooking n00bies, make it difficult for new people to join by really testing their knowledge about things, and make them step up to the challenge and demostrate their abilities. If they come in with a “YEAH I SAW DRIFTNATION I DRIFT EVERYTHING” then cut the fu(ker down to size! guarentee he doesn’t know anything and doesn’t event own a 240. doing that kind of thing will help keep bull shit down and I know it because from those people that we flamed and are still in the club, are those who are most interested and are willing to learn help out and are involved. And the people that didn’t stick around are those who weeded themselves out because they couldn’t take it or they thought we were a bunch of jerks. Well in all honesty, we have knowledgable members with alot of experience and background that can tell whos the bull shitter. And here, since you guys have so many members, maybe thats what you need to do, even more the paying members stuff.

because once you have those guys who have been with the club for a couple of months after you’ve roasted them and they’re still around to ask more questions, those are the people that will all for supporting and donating to the club, because they learn something and it’s valuable to them and they make friends.

You make this place valuable by giving them a reason to be here to get to know one another, prove yourself and gain friends and knowledge out of it, that will value to this community and a reason to donate money to see it exist.

it requires a mature crowd, and thats what you need.

Sorry for the long ramble, please stay on topic, notice how I didn’t nag at anyone :slight_smile:

but take that into consideration, if it upset you to read it, dont respond back with something witty or because you were pissed, think it over and think about this club, and really what would be best in everyones not just your own interests.

^^^ Agreed but I think the best way is to Mas Email everyone stating
SON’s New Outlooks as a club and Stating that we will become a Members
Only Club affective as of _____. We should do this all at once. Last ideas
we had were kind of thrown in and never worked out.

Nicely said Chris!

I’m glad you took the time to write that. I was hoping you would say something. I agree with it all, and this is what I was trying to have a go at. Sometimes it needs to be said by the right person :slight_smile:

I look forward to these changes occuring.

as my title says, I am IQuABoB’s advisor. I make suggestions and up to his discretion whether he will impliment it or not. Since technically, I am hired help and have no real jurisdiction over the situation.

but either way, thanks for the support. I hope that SON has a bright future ahead of it in sight of said suggested improvements.

It seems the main issue here is OT. As far as I’m concerned OT is useless, I tried to get rid of it before but it caused clutter in the general
section.

Here goes the second shot at this restructuring, OT is GONE.

SON is a car club, not a daycare, that is what we need to remember.

Aight sounds good to me too…

Sound good too. I only use this for the meats, buy and sell, group buys, tech, and FAQ. Very rarely in the chat or OT.

I think it’s time I jumped in and let my voice be heard as well.

I want it to be known that despite anyone else’s feelings that the forum is “going downhill” I still recognize that this is one of the LARGEST collections of 240SX enthusiasts on this side of the continent.

I am PROUD to be associated with this club.

the only thing that I’m leery about is that you wouldn’t want to include me due to local participation (or lack thereof)in events. I feel the distance is an obstacle, but I believe it can be overcome in special circumstances such as these.

I want you all to know that I share in the ideals of SON, and I wish to be involved in the restructuring and growth of the club. Would you allow me to continue to be a part of this Club (albeit the only international member)?
(please keep in mind I CAN see Ontario (from my roof, on a clear day))