How should we deal with admin and mods on Son240sx.

Hi,

This was mentioned during an arguement and it is a good point. Lets see how people vote before making any decisions. I am not discriminating against anyone, and i will not tell you how i voted (and i will not vote for some time), nor should anyone. This could also just apply to mods, due to the fact that andrew was givin admin status. This post should not be deleted, and there really shouldn’t be anyone posting in this thread. Just voting.

Thank you.

You guys need to think about SON. Go way back, before many of you
were even on the board. If you do remember how things were nearly a
year ago, you would all want things to be like that. Thats what we are
trying to do, and thats what is happening.

Don’t go saying I was given admin status. The older leaders weren’t
interested in running a club with members who weren’t serious. They
proposed membership, and everyone was too much of a cheapskate to
cooperate. For the sake of $40 a year or whatever they were asking there
could have been insurance, and affiliations with racing clubs. The club
needed to be organized, and nobody else was serious about taking the
task. Being president doesn’t grant me any special rank or privelege that
you may think it does. All it does is give me the responsibilty of keeping
the forums going, and someone to come to when things go wrong.

You might not like the mods, or the admin, but the fact is the job is getting
done. Sure it might not be nice and pretty, and some members wont like
change, and may even be offended. But the club needs to get to where it
was a year ago, before this “breakdown” occured.

It might be all nice and fun to vote on the leaders, but before you do,
take into consideration what we do. You don’t see behind the scenes, and
see all of the conversations we have. We put a lot of time into this, and
its not even appreciated.

The people who are leading the club have been in the scene for a long
time, and most have been members since before the rest of you even
knew about the club. I have been here since 2002, when I first got my
240sx, and found the club to be a great resource. Its sad to see everything
gone awry.

Before you get upset over whos leading the club, remember what it was,
and consider why the mods are mods, and why the mods mod the way
they do.

I am open to suggestions for more mods, if you think you are up to the
task let me know. Don’t assume I am a power hungry dictator or anything
of the sort when you haven’t even confronted me about the problems you
are having.

My PM button works
My email is iQuABoB@hotmail.com
My MSN is iQuABoB@hotmail.com
I am at most of the meets.

If you have an issue, the only way it will get resolved is for you to tell me.

Yeah back in 2002 Son was different, i was there, just under a different name. But we can’t just stop and go back to 2002, we are where we are now, and we need to go from here, that is the point of my post. Andrew, i was not saying anything bad about you, and i meant not to vote for admin because you were given it because you wanted it, i think you are doing a good job, and a lot of the mods are too, but i also think we need to see what the people of Son want to do.

and shebangsshebang, I wish we could do that, and there are a good number of us that could work that way, but truth be told, we do need someone to stop things.

I was hoping that there would me minimal posting in THIS thread about the topic.

I miss the old SON too

I can’t stand all this drama here, it actually makes me sick.

The way it is with SON, is that things always get said, but nothing ever happens…

Jesse, thanks for calling me an asshole :thumbsup:

We do need leaders because alot of members here act like children. We
aren’t here to tell you what to do, but rather to set guidelines, and
organize events. Someone has to be a mod, somone has to organize
things, and someone needs to be admin.

As for 240gurl: things do happen, there have been many changes. I think
people need to focus and keep things on track, and have persistence. I
don’t just go and quit the board cause Jesse called me an asshole.

And Nik, people SHOULD post in this forum, as well as vote so we know
what they think.

Truth be known, I voted yes. I do think we should vote on things, but
only the real paying members, because these are the people that should
have a say.

Jesse, I think you should start organizing meets if you think we need more. Don’t just piss and moan about it. Deeds speak and you don’t seem to have done many in the clubs favor. If your going to run your mouth on a near constant basis I think you should back it up. What say you?

When Adam, David and Philip left and the board was in shambles, Andrew took over. I was against the way things were setup, but soon realized that Andrew was doing a far better job than most people on here could. I have since shown my support and voiced my opinions as to where the club should be directed. Iquabob, myself and many others share the same vision. If you don’t share the same vision, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

You calling him an asshole doesn’t make you seem like an adult, hence the mods editing your posts and telling you how to behave. Instead of fighting it, learn from it. The mods here do their job well and take enough sh!t from posters all day long. From the idiots who bump their sales within the day to people complaining about their useless posts being deleted, they deal with it all. It’s not an easy job which is why i resigned. You know people do have busy lives outside of this forum, and when you come online to relax and learn you dont need a bunch of hate mail greeting you.

This is going to go on forever. At this point I don’t really care anymore. I voiced my opinion a month ago. I have been on this board longer then some of the mods. I’ve seen this drama repeat itself twice.

Nothing is going to change untill we become a paying club, or abandon this board all together. These boards attract alot of garbage to the 240 community.

I don’t care anymore, cause I payed my dues to the club. I enjoy going to the GTA North meets every Friday and I will enjoy Driftnation events. Thats all that matters to me anymore. These boards don’t.

Yours,

Andrew.

It seems quite clear that there are 2 groups. David has hit the nail dead
on.

There are those that want a nice happy little social club to entertain
themselves since they seem to have nothing better to do in life than whore
the local car club’s online forum. Then there are those with a real vision
for the club, who want to form a group of real enthusiasts.

If you want to talk about OT stuff, and increase your post count, maybe
there is another forum for that. SON is here as a car community, we can
have our share of fun, but to an extent. It got to a point where OT was
the only section people were using.

The group of people interested in making SON a place for enthusiasts has
almost stopped posting aside from the moderators because they are fed
up with running a daycare service. We are currently on the right track IMO
after the changes we have recently made. Post quality is up, and people
are learning rather than whoring.

The point is, you can vote on the mods and admin, but you need to first
understand the basis of our actions by looking at where we want the club
to go.

Andrew (iquabob) has a very good point, you also need to see what the moderators are doing and how they are doing it, just cause a mod may seem “mean” doesn’t mean that he is a bad mod, he could be the best or he could be the worst, sometimes a strict mod is good, without overdoing it of course.

these things need to be seen before a vote can occur.

Andrew got it.

this club seems to have way too much emphasis on the website.

sure, having a board makes it alot easier to communicate and share meet dates etc.

but the board is NOT the club!

i’d rather not post at all, come online every once in a while to check when there’s a meet, and head out and TALK IN PERSON to my fellow enthusiasts.

i think that’s mostly what i’ll be doing from now on.

^^^

i remeber hearing about that! it happened just as i joined the boards, yeah i had a totally different feel for the club back then, they were all mature and knowledgeable, and i knew i was going to learn a lot. I would like to have something similar to that again.

You know what, for all the bitching and moaning that happens on this board, I think the club is in much better shape than it seems.

After being out at Dr.Inks tonight, its amazing how many people actually come out to meets and how we’re not nearly the asses that we make ourselves out to be online.

Its been said time and time again that the board is a mess, but I have full faith that the mods will get things in order for the coming season. Now that the weather is getting better, the club can become more what its supposed to be… a car club… and we can all get away from being cooped up keyboard jockeys.

I propose we all postpone our bitching, let the mods get the board back in order and save the trash talking for the track. 8)

Things ARE improving.

I was able to make it out last night to Dr. Inks, because I thought it was
important that I came seeing as all this drama is going on. As any of you
who attended can see, our club in person, is MUCH different from the
forums.

All the mods are trying to do, is get the club in reputable shape so we can
possibly get some sponsors, and have everything well organized for this
year. They might seem mean, but they are only doing their job, and as
far as I’m concerned, a very good job for the most part.

Honestly I don’t feel totally right by saying this, and some people might not agree with me. But if anybody has problems with the way things are going around here, they don’t have to be here. I, for one, think things are going good and the mods are doing an excellent job. Just my opinion on how i feel.

quoted because it’s true

Straight forward, the mods and admins are doing a good job! This is a car club, not a high school day care. Geting rid of the OT section was a VERY good call, and trying to get sh*t organized is proof that people up there are doing their job. Don’t like it? Delete yourself and don’t come here.

I’m still fairly new to SON, and not so long ago I wanted to leave because I saw no productivity and no serious moves to differentiate SON from a vague online car chat. I’m not a paying member, and I don’t own a 240 yet, but I’m a serious enthusiast who came here with hopes to gain knowledge about a great sports car and meet the people/faces behind these boards.

I can see that things are changing for the better. Anyone who cares enough about SON as a “240sx” CLUB, not DAYCARE or ONLINE FORUM, can see it. This board alone is not the club, and going to some of the meets and helping out/working with some of the members gives me much more to believe in than this just being another forum.