all these great hockey players on here. Time to put money where mouth is!

I have a friend that works for the wheeling nailers. she said they are running low on players and keep sending players to wilkes-barre. they take walk ons so lets see it. let me know if you are interested I will see if we can’t get a day to do a open skate as a group

lol maybe i should try. I was the first black person to play in wpial history that i know of. Wow i think the last time i played ice hockey was at pickup at the old golden mile arena. :naughty:

open skate as a group meaning what?? a pittspeed tryout or just a tryout in general?

DTM, who did you play for??

ya… i seriously doubt the kids on here that play casually, such as myself and probably everyone else, are gonna be able to walk-on for wheeling…ill probably not waste my time and just play on the team im on.

so basically my point is noone on here plays everyday, so noone will make the team, so dont waste your time.

id consider going for the hell of it. doubt id walk on though.

I’m with smokey.

besides, this board hasnt yet pulled off a pick up hockey meet. so i dont see a group walk-on tryout happening anytime in the near future.

ID go but the chances of making it on are slim and none

i think the idea is sorta ridiculous. i dont think playing for the Nailers is somethin u sit around and then try cause the idea pops in your head. i think its something someone that has been commited to trying to go pro would be doing. just think, Chiodo played alot of his games there this year and just last season he was playing games in the NHL for the Pens…now does anyone here have enough skill to be on the cusp of playing in the NHL…probably not.

i think im gonna tryout for the pittsburgh passion someday

hockey won’t exist in the united states soon… don’t even worry about it…

Hockey sucks

you guys are just scared to take a hit.

hockey sucks x2

hockey is still the greatest sport today. How can you say hockey sucks whenever you can play a great game score a ton of goals beat the hell out of the opponent and still shake hands after the game? theres no real publicity no big sports contracs barely any of the guys in the nhl make huge money like in football and baseball. Its a game you have to play to really understand the meaning of it.

i would have to say chad probably has the best chance that i know of him or dappie

and im prob far from it. as is rob.

explain the lockout

id go down with you.
I would say i am better than average but i would like to see the skill level they have.

I played for a leauge in nyc when i was younger than woodland hills

I played for a leauge in nyc when i was younger than woodland hills. We sucked so bad.lol. It was woodland hills 1st yr in ice hockey. :embarassd

rob why didnt you tell me last night you played hockey… I thought you seen my equipment out there on the porch heh? Maybe you , chad and I can go to stick time sometime?