times be equipped with an adequate muffler and exhaust system in
constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or
unusual noise and no such muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped
with a cut-out, bypass, or similar device. No person shall modify the
muffler or exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will
amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor or exhaust system of
such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler or exhaust system
originally installed on the vehicle and such original muffler and
exhaust system shall comply with all the requirements of this section.

A muffler is a device consisting of a series of chambers or baffle
plates, or other mechanical design for the purpose of receiving exhaust
gas from an internal combustion engine, and effective in reducing noise.
An exhaust system is a series of mechanical devices for the purpose of
receiving exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine and expelling
it into the atmosphere.
31-a. No person shall, in the state, sell, install or use a motorcycle
exhaust device without internal baffles, known as “straight pipes”.
31-b. No person shall, in the state, sell, install or use a motorcycle
exhaust device that is intentionally designed to allow for the internal
baffling to be fully or partially removed or interchangeable. This
subdivision shall not apply to a motorcycle manufactured or assembled
prior to nineteen hundred seventy-nine or a motorcycle registered as a
limited use vehicle
or an all terrain vehicle pursuant to article
forty-eight-A or forty-eight-B of this chapter.

Very interesting. Basiclly, in the first section I see that it doesnt state that there is anything that WILL NOT allow you to change out your factory exhaust, as long as it was replaced with a muffler with baffels or chambers that effectivly reduce the engine noise, and that the replacement system doesnt exceede the OEM sound output.

Also the thing about the cutouts suck. That is short sweet and to the point, not sure how you could get around that one.

Also the motorcycle pipe thing. If you read that law, i what stops an officer from going over to Griffens, Phibs, One the pipe… and just giving them a ticket. Cant sell or install!

I dont see anything around this, for people with modified exhaust… other than dont get caught.

Good. Freakin kids and your fart cans.

Neutral is your friend.

I had a 3" straight pipe ricer fart can on my old car for almost a year never got stopped for exhaust once. still don’t know how i pulled that one off :lol

Hey it only matters if you get caught, keep your foot in it and don’t let them pull you over!

+1.

I use to have a full exhaust on my car. Wasn’t ricer status, but interior noise was WAY too loud for me. So glad I’m back to near stock (high-flow cat and stainless steel pipe between cat and muffler).

as are mufflers that dont look like they should be shooting watermelons cryan

^ That’s why I went with a oval/dual outlet. No POPURMELLONS can!

werd.

I have a magnaflow oval 3"/3" and some random resonator…and mandrel 3" everything else.

samie! 3"/dual 2.5"

dual tips are for homosexuals

Looks OEM kinda ha

HKS > your fucking face

I do worry about exhaust tickets, but Police so far, have been cool about the Supra. I don’t drive much for fear of tickets though LOL.

BS, cops just dont like ricers, i used to have 6 inch stacks with no muffler at all and not once did i get pulled over for the exhaust.

Dude my car is the poster child for rice.

F&F ruined my life.

i miss my potato cannon lol.

This is very true. EVERY single car I have owned with an exhaust, I have got tickets for, that was an import.

I have B&B Bullets on the vette and haven’t even so much as had a second glance. And they are LOUD. It is def. related to rice.

If I were a cop I would want to hear thunder rolling down the street too. Not the sound equivalent of a chainsaw or single prop airplane.

Muffler raceists! :vlad

I got ganked i think becasue of my black bumper cover on my grey jetta. it looked a little different and they figured why not. Every car, bike and toy I have had has been piped. I got one in my old mini truck too, but non in the other cars i had.

its just a reason they use to pull over who they want to. While i was sitting there 2 full sized truck went by with duals out the back and the a hole behind me didnt even look up.

I cant wait to build an old rat rod, post 1969. they dont apply to this law! Zoomies FTW and you cant do shit s0n.

cops did not like the evoh at all! lots and lots of exhaust tickets.

exactly. They see the flashy car, and hope to see a splif or a line of coke on a hookers ass in the back seat. so they yank us and cross their fingers. then when your clean you get a damn ticket.

My new plan is to roll a joint with some oregino and put it on my dash board. when they see that they will take me outa the car, search the piss out of it not find anything and maybe forget the reason they pulled me over in the first place! lol