Allegheny County Rental Car/Drink Tax

agreed.

i forget where i read this, but a while back i read an article stating why they were continuing to build the north side connector. as it turns out, the only reason why they have continued to build it is because all of the plans had already been made to have it constructed. there was a quote by someone from the port authority stating that if the plans were not there, they would have extended the T to the east or out to oakland/shadyside. so pretty much they are just following through with plans that had already been made even though they realize it’s not the best choice. now they are attempting to come up with reasons to support it.

i could care less about the $2 per day charge on rental cars. the 10% drink tax is absurd though. not that i drink a lot, but as many other people have mentioned, this is a result of the county’s poor budgeting over many years. i really do hope that this changes a lot of people’s minds about going out to the bars and drinking a lot. i’m assuming that their profit margin’s on this drink tax were calculated using the current alcohol consumption rate. well, i hope the consumption rate at bars falls significantly in allegheny county to send a nice big F U to the county officials.