Alternative to Adelphia (timewarner)

I’ve had verizon DSL the cheap 14.99 for about a year now. It went out once during the oct storm for like 2-3 hours and thats it. What other probs are you guys having that think its so bad? i wanna get out of time warner but am confused about direct tv or dish network

-do you like it or are you waiting to get the hardware? Does the cost increase after 12 months?

There are all different tiers. I have the middle pack for $45/Month. THe promo is $10 off that for 10 months. It’s going up $3 in February though.

Hmm i was just on the verizon DSL site and I dont see a 14.99 plan. Looks like its been upped to 24.95.

My friend is moving into her first apt and doesnt want to pay 45 a month for cable. Should I try to convince her to go for the cable, or will the 24.95 DSL be good enough?

January 9th is the turn up date.

www.dishnetwork.com

www.DirecTV.com

if only there were more options in the city.

wabbit ears???

:rofl:

make friends with the neighbors and split the bill on the highspeed, and just put a wifi card in their computer.

Thats what I do here to keep costs low.

hah yea thats what she’s doing right now. Apparently she’s all concerned with “legalities”

pfft, women.

Dish just started a bounty in Buffalo. I guess elidgable customers will recieve $30 off per month on HD for 10 months or $20 off for standard def. I’m not sure if this is being advertised yet but Intertech should have it down if people are looking to leave cable.

FIOS tv is offered here in LI

its pretty expensive

with cablevision we get tv, phone, and internet for $99, that includes free HDTV, 2 cable boxes, etc…

with FIOS, for the same shit, ur looking at a minimum of 150, and thats the lowest internet speed and tv service.

i dont think their HD service is really too good.

Thats the first I heard of that! Just what I need more work! Anybody need a job?? We need more techs!!

It was kind of a silent launch just for the Synclaire dispute with TW. TW got teh contract with fox extended till the 12th so i’m sure you’ll see some ads for this new bounty. You’ll be enjoying the spike in sales.

DISCLAIMER: Nothing against any races, nationalities etc.

I’ll try and keep this short. (That isn’t going to happen) CLIFF NOTES at bottom.

My VZ DSL modem arrived yesterday. I got the faster one. I hook it all up and can’t get it working. It’s now about 6:30 so I call support. I get a nice girl on the phone, we start the trouble shooting and we get cut off. She doesn’t call me back on the alternate number she asked me when we started the conversation.

I call back and get someone that sounds like they are from India. I have a really hard time understanding her. I explain that I do customer support for a living so she knows we can get technical. She proceeds to walk me through various things that I had already tried. She is explaining every step like I am a housewife that is more at home with a vacuum cleaner. I keep asking her to send me to tier 2 but apparently she has no idea what that is. We spend 1.5 hours and she finally wants to send me to the next level. The kicker is that they will contact me in 24-48 hours! I told her forget it and I will call the next day to cancel.

Today I was off work so I figure I’ll take another shot. I call tech support, after 5 minutes navigating the phone tree, I am connected to India again. I hang up.

Now I’m pissed and going to cancel. I call back, navigate correctly to get an agent to cancel my service. The electronic bitch passes me to tech support by mistake but to my amazement, I am connected to someone without an accent that was born here. Imagine that. I tell this guy my frustration with their tech support and he says he understands but cannot comment. wink wink.

In 15 minutes we determine that my modem is bad. New one shipped, go at it again Friday.

If it works, all is well, if not it will go back and I’ll be stuck with TW/Roadrunner.

I am in no way racist or anything like that. I was married to a Colombian and have seen that kind of treatment first hand. It took all my patience to work with the girl the night before. I was very respectful with her. Large companies do not understand that you cannot have an accent/language difference in the customer support field. It doesn’t work when trying to get technical. They only care about their bottom line. Customer service is dead in this country.

CLIFF NOTES: Can't get new DSL to work. 2 calls to India Tech support causes frustration and 1.5 hours of my time. Call to cancel, gets someone capable and in 15 minutes problem figured out.

Dish Network has an India call center as well. I’m a tech and even I hang up when I get that one. They never do anything the right way and all I hear from customers is how much they dread getting that call center when they call for support. I think every company has an over-seas one nowadays. Anything to save a buck!!

Part time??

/Puts both hands up/

Far from. More like 50+ hours. There is no shortage of hours here.