Aluminum Subframe Bushings - Any one that has them

I could check your carrier bearing on the driveshaft(if there is one on a 300x like on a 240sx) tho in all reallity… maybe getting to much slop…

2 many people run solid rear subframe bushing with no problems for it to be that

QFT

I think your problem is amazingness… you’re too amazing for your pinion gear.

I fry ball bearings.

McDicks.

guys I am NOT bashing the bushings…just asking.

don’t make me out to be an ass. Im far from that. Just want to fix the problem is all.

put a welded diff up in there. :slight_smile:

i think you may have just got 2 bad diffs.

didnt u swap an rb maybe u should elaborate more on that

i went to see what he is talking about

i think its just bad luck, that is all

Chris; welded or not…will have no effect on my pinion bearing, besides more stress.

Kengi; what is there to elaborate on? I swapped a 20 in. Needs a clutch and it has blown 2 rear ends…?

Peter; I fucking hope so

Alrighty, SOOOOO diff number THREE! LoL

Pulled out diff #2 and the output shaft on the passengers side fuckin fell right out. So i believe i blew the shit outta the carrier bearing and dislodged the snap ring. and of course the pinion bearing.

Im thinking maybe the rear end was border line fucked when I got it.

Now, I am in need of a drive shaft. My rubber insulator is cracked severely and starting to warp.
Thanks to who ever said to check.

me HA FTW!
but seriously good luck with this 1

you need a abs or non abs driveshaft?

abs

Just for the record

I ran solid subframe bushings AND solid diff bushings in my S14 for over a year road racing with a 10 year old ring and pinion, 10 year old bearings, just new seals and an ATS carbon LSD.

Never once had a problem with bearings or ANYTHING of the sort - this includes doing donuts and drag racing on 305 18s

So whatever your problem is, it is NOT caused by the solid diff to chassis link

gawd, you’re so soft core.

Peter is suggesting the center/hangar/carrier bearing on the drive shaft.

seeing as how I just put the third diff in now. and the noise has quietened down large. yet still there. That was my next culprit. So i opened a wtb thread yadda yadda.

Like I said, the only reason I even mentioned anything was because this all started after I did the bushings, multi-link, Z32 brakes etc etc. I understand it is solid. I have driven 1000whp cars down 1/4 mile, I KNOW what solid feels and sounds like.

Either way, new/used drive shaft. Noise continues I’m gonna load her up again and bust out the stethoscope. This is just annoying as fuck.

Bing; In no way was I bashing the parts you supplied me. And even if I did…whats it to you? With good comes bad…who’s to say the bushings were not machined properly. Who the fuck knows. I’m just saying. I am not at all frustrated with anyone or anything but my fucking car.
If I had an issue with the parts that I could prove. I would take it up with you. I pm’d you and you said no way. That was that.

Sasha; One tech to another…what the heck do I check now? C.V shafts are good, subframe is tight, diff that is in now felt very good (backlash and preload) wheel bearings are good (replaced one with minor moaning) brakes are free and backing plates do not touch. e-brake is free, wheels torqued and balanced…what else…rear u-joint is showing signs of fatigue. Hangar bearing never really checked.

My father (tech for 20 years) checked out the noise with a stethoscope and verified the pinion bearings and 1 wheel bearing.

Here is my current “set up”

One of the pictures you can see the insulator (which is now falling apart) and the hangar bearing kinda…looks fine, hmm.

Brakes, bushings, arms, etc

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6352/dsc01236l.jpghttp://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2056/dsc01237m.jpghttp://img14.imageshack.us/img14/51/dsc01238j.jpg

Transmission output shaft bearing is fucked. It was resonating through the entire car. Mainly into the pinion. Changed the fluid from royal shiturle. to regular gear oil and it is much quieter.

I am taking this issue up with my importer, hoping to get another transmission.

Thanks everyone for the…help. I apologize for being a douche at time. Very stressed with the car. LoL

Chris

^big man, nice touch.

tranny eh… I have been curious.

I don’t feel like…how they say it? “Burning my bridges” I think thats what they say…

I’m 95% sure it is the transmission. After the noise ceased a bit, all I did was remove front drive shaft, smoothen the input shaft to the transmission. Adjust the rear e-brake, and of course put another couple litres of fresh gear oil in the trans. Noise is still there…but at least 50% gone.

Yet again, I will say…I never had any intentions to shit on any ones parade. Just a problem that made no fucking sense, still does not make sense.