Am I being scammed??

Last week I bought a used door for my camaro off of ebay from this guy. I sent him a payment, through paypal for the amount. After the payment went through, I emailed him to ask for a tracking number, and when he was shipping my door. No response. Even though he has a pretty good feedback rating, there’s a person who bought something off him recently that just left negative feedback for him saying that he payed him for something like 2 months ago and hes getting no responses and no item. I have a feeling this isn’t going to work, so I filed a dispute with paypal and escalated it to a claim to try and get my money back. Has anyone dealt with paypal claims before and what are my chances of getting a refund?

wait it out a little, he might just be busy, but if it comes to it, dont rely on paypal to get your $ back

always pay with a CC when buying with paypal, it give you a backup plan for getting your $ back

if he has money in his paypal account, and you win the claim, you should get your money back. if he doesnt, then you’re prolly screwed

Yeah the thing is that I’m not really familiar with paypal, since I don’t buy off Ebay very often (this is only the second time). When I pay for something, the money goes from my checking/debit acount to my paypal account, then to the recipient. So I have no idea how secure that is. The whole thing about how he has a recent customer whos dealing with the same problem as me is a little nervewracking.

I bet you’ll get your door.He doesnt seem like a scammer,but maybe a slow shipper.Most likely he sent it the slowest/cheapest method possible.

Give it some time, seems legit. And PayPal will cover you.

paypal will cover you since it was an ebay item. if it was say from a for sale post on a car forum, all they can do is “claim” whats available in his account. so if he had $0 in his paypal balance, they would give you $0. i found this out the hard way last week…

So even if he empties out his account, I will still be reimbursed because the item was purchased through Ebay? It’d be nice if this asshole answered my emails so I knew what the hell’s going on with my door…

from what the rep at paypal told me, yes

yea they fully cover Ebay purchases

i bought something on ebay once, never got my item or my money back. so that isnt necessarily true

well hopefully since this was a “somewhat” large amount of money ($155) paypal will be able to take care of the matter soon if this guy doesn’t start communicating with me.