paypal claim

anyone have to file a claim through paypal for an item they payed for, but was never sent? what was the outcome and how much of a pain in the ass was it?

Paypal is a bitch to deal with. I have a 800 number for them if you want it. Normally after 30 days if the claim isn’t settled they try to get your money back, or if you paid on a credit card just stop the payment.

I just finished a deal up actually and wasn’t happy with the outcome.

I agreed to buy some headlights and a bumper cover off a guy who quoted me $70 shipping. I confirmed that with him and put SHIPPED in the paypal notes box. It turned out the dude never actually got a quote and it was going to be more than what I paid just to ship it. So I told him to just send me back my money and forget it. He got all bent out of shape and decided to keep my money and not ship it out. I filed my claim and won - $33 back! That was all he had in his account and paypal couldn’t give me back the rest. WTF?!?! So I got ripped off while paypal just agreed.

that sucks

try local vendors…

i highly doubt first bass has an obd1 gsr dizzy

did you get it through ebay or did you use paypal just as a money transfer system?

But go into your paypal account and go to the resoluction center, fill out the needed info and then you wait. Its worth a shot.

i just dealt with that a couple months ago. the out come did not go in my favor and lost 175:rant: they more less blew me off and said they could not do anything
i gave them the guys name phone number and adress and still nothing.

I got hosed too. Paid $900 for an engine, tranny, conversion mounts, computer and wiring-basically everything I’d need to install the drivetrain and get it running including shipping from Florida. Instead I get a poorly palletized engine and tranny that were not the ones in the pictures and NOTHING else. I e-mailed the seller and he sends me a box via UPS with a few odds and ends in it but not what he promised. I figure that I’m screwed out of maybe $300 worth of stuff so I contact Paypal and document everything. Even with the pictures of what I was supposed to get and what I got Paypal did nothing for me.

Their excuse? The seller shipped me SOMETHING and has tracking numers to prove it was delivered. I argued that he could have sent me rocks in a box but they didn’t care. Bottom line, their claims resolutions department doesn’t really give a crap if somebody gets ripped off, as long as they get their percentage.

i spent $65 on ebay and it was never shipped. paypal went through a 2 month “investigation” and ended up giving me $42 back. I don’t know where they got 42 from but at least it’s something. My account still says the outcome of the case is still pending and it happened a year ago!

thats not what I meant at all there Artie Lang…

The part you were attempting to ‘save’ money on. could this part have been purchased through a local vendor?

Outside of the supposed “savings” of using Feebay, being in the business im in i could make an entire website of the stories ive heard of scams and complaints, but only one is an actually experiance to the tune of 1700 dollars lost to pay pal.

I never use ebay for anything, and soon enough everybody will have gotton scammed out of enough hard earned cash to realize they should contact a local venodr, one which whom he can speek to when, and/or if a problem should arise.

considering this is on topic and the question was who has filed a claim, your comments are absolutely useless. the part i purchased is not an everyday part (like a subwoofer), it was not purchased on ebay and to answer your question (which by the way was competely irrelevant) NO, i couldn’t find the part locally.

paypal;s policy in short, “not responsible for the describtion of the items…”, they just mnake sure you get it. Pursue it to a claim, because paypal will issue u a credit if you can prove nothing was sent, ie the seller can’t give a vaild tracking number, and you can prove funds where sent. Then they will send it to collections on the sellers behalf, done it plenty of times.

understand there system before using it .

yep filed didnt get shit back…

if the person has nothing in the account you get shit back and pay pal says sorry for your loss…

bullshit!!
they dont issue shit i got this

We have concluded our investigation into the following buyer complaint:

Case ID: PP-177-141-493
Transaction Date: Jun 5, 2006
Transaction Amount: -$175.00 USD
Seller’s Email: shady150408@yahoo.com
Seller’s Name: Federico Valdes

After careful review, we have determined that the seller is at fault but regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the seller’s account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused. Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller’s account in the future and will take appropriate action against the seller.
Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

To ensure that future transactions proceed smoothly, we recommend that you review these Security Tips:

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

im guessing them only on credit card transaction because I have never lost a dipsute. I always got my money back. was that a complaint or a claim.

what is so hard to understand???

if you buy and it was never shipped, you file a claim and get money returned… the only money able to be returned is the amount the seller has IN THEIR PAYPAL ACCOUNT… not in their checkign account or business account… so if you pay, wait while they pull the money out of the account, then file, you are shit out of luck.

1. local vendors cannot touch internet pricing… there is a benefit of going local to see a product prior to purchasing, but there is also cost benefits of NOT… each situation is different.

I’ve been an ebay member since 1994, prior to having user names, or checking accounts tied to credit cards tied to paypals tied to ebay… I have never gotten scammed… it is 10x worse now than it ever was back in the day when it was simply a place to list an item and get ‘bids’ on items.

that was a claim. never received shit. the person claimed to have the item but never did. even went as far as sending pics to show the parts and HAD everything ready to ship. So i do not have much faith in paypal after that incident. i only use it if goign to an online store where i have purchased before

pay pal sucks big donkey ballz