Am I in the Wrong?

Here’s the situation. Yesterday 8/24 was my 21st birthday. I went down to T.I.T.S. with people I work with. I got drunk, not hammered, but drunk. Today I woke up and was dizzy, so I told my roomate whom I work with I wasn’t going in. I was going to call but fell asleep. So I check my messages and my boss called at 8:30a. “Hey, call me when you wake up, I expect to see you today.” If I’m using a sick day, why should I have to show up? Am I missing something?

someone prolly told ur boss u went out last night and thinks its a BS excuse

He knows I went out. But I figure whether I’m sick from drinking, or I broke my hand doing something, or w/e a sick day is a sick day ya know?

when using a sick day you generally still have to call in

where do u work?

EDIT: oh and happy birthday

:word: otherwise its a no call no show. Which pisses people off

What you did is called irresponsible. Did someone force you to go out drinking and force you to drink till you felt like shit the next morning? Sick days are for when you are really sick and it is not alcohol induced. You knew you had to work the next day so if you were planning on going to go out and getting all shitfaced you should have asked off for the day after. IMO what you did shows your boss that you really don’t care that much about your job. So to answer your question yes you were wrong.

you don’t tell sombody to tell the boss your not coming in, i count that as a no call no show

i was gonna say that’s prolly what ur boss is thinking?

what pep boys do u work at?

The reason for a sick day/vacation day is none of an employer’s business. Highschool is over, you do not need an excuse anymore. If the sun is out, I call in sick. I just say I won’t be in today and am taking it off.

The only thing you did wrong was not call in. For that, you can get screwed.

so right. i used 2 sick days to go down to NC for game 7 of the sabres and guess what my boss seen "a look a-like of me and couldnt do shit about it because i had called in unions rule
baby

I know at my work I do not have to provide an excuse as to why I am taking a day off or calling in sick.

However, I do need to call. You didn’t call.

In this siuation it sucks that they know the real reason why you didn’t go in but still, they do not have the right to write you up or anything like that due to the drinking the night before.

My GF got “let go” and collected unemployment. Her employer disputed her unemployment and said she did not call in properly one day. (She had left a message as it was early and no one was in). NYS now wants their $$$$ back. She has to go and state her case and see if they will let her go on the $$$. She had a doctor’s note, etc. In the end, I think they will make her repay the money as she did not follow the employer’s policy of having to call and talk to a manager.

That is why I say they can screw you on the “no call in” if that is their policy.

You didnt call. But who cares? A job is just a job and easily replaceable.

if its a crappy highschool/college job, sure.

:bloated:

they had thier time…

lol my dad / uncles time

You should always call in.
Do you have sick days and personal days or are they the same?
I never ask why someone is out.
How many days are off in a year?

where I work they are called Personal Days but Sick days or personal days as long as u call in they have no right to ask…now if u dont call in and tell ur buddy to tell the Boss and he begins to say ur just hungover thats different

A no call/no show is a good way to get fired. Your boss has every right to be pissed, so you better kiss his ass not cop an attitude.