Am I supposed to tip the beer distributor?

When I walk into my local distributor i’m fine with finding what i want by myself but there is always this ladie that is so eager to help and to dolly the beer to my car and put it in. I always pay with my credit card and I seldomly carry cash. I was just wondering what all of you do in this situation? Is this part of that persons job that they already get paid for or is it expected to tip them?

what part of town is this? It could just be some random crackhead that doesnt ever work there.

I use the drve thru they charge 19.90, they fetch my cold brew & place it inside my vehicle, I always tip them. Now at the local walk in I fetch my own box, they charge 22.oo and I never tip

You gotta be joking?

There aint no way in hell this redneck is tipping someone at a distrubor for getting my beer.

i always get the coldest case, they never have to ask what i want, they know exactly which door to take it to, and they even grab mine while in the cooler getting somebody elses.
Its like express service, Here’s a good one, i got the boss one day instead of his faithful servants, and i asked for cold, it was, BUT it wasn’t frosty like usual.

Everyone wants a tip these days. Unless someone is opening and/or pouring my beer for me (for which I tip generously), they aren’t getting a tip.
On bid-nezz trips, there are times where by the time I’ve made it to my hotel room, I’ve already shelled out like $25 in tips to various people just to get from my car to the room. Luckily that’s all expensed.
Most beer distributors I’ve been to load the stuff automatically. It’s called service to keep the customer. I’ve never seen “beer distributor guy/girl” on any of those “tip suggestion” lists that tell you what you should be tipping, for everyone from your mailman to the garbage collector.
With beer, if I have to ask someone to load it for me, then I’ll tip. But I’m not asking them to. If they ask me if I want help, I always say no. If they load it without me asking, that’s their problem.
If you work as one of those people; sorry. I just get hounded for tips for everything from my coffee to a burrito at Chipotle. It’s gotta stop somewhere.

those Chipotle burritos are pretty damn good…

fuckin huge tho

Place by me does it. I’ll give em a single or 2. nothing crazy. Whatever, its 2 dollars, it doesn’t hurt, and the one guy remembers me and knows what im coming in for everytime even though I’m only there once a month or so.

Whatever, its 2 bucks

^^ Yeah, but say I get beer, coffee, and a Chipotle… and the next day something else… and so on… by the end of the year, that stupid stuff really adds up.

Trust me, it’s not that I’m cheap. I tipped your guys when they put in our A/C. And kept them fed and full of fluid. I overtip at bars/restaurants. But everyone wants a piece of the pie anymore. I gotta draw the line somewhere.

Agreed. How about when you pickup food somewhere and you pay with a credit card. and there is a tip spot. then you get the look when you put a line threw it. The tip system sucks. I wish prices where straight up.

My tip system basically goes by whether or not someone is doing something that is outside of their job description.

My guys installing your system down there? No Tip.

Barista mixing my coffee or tea or whatever in the back and handing it over the counter? No Tip

But like with the beer thing, almost all places I go to you carry your own beer out. A single or two is worth it if they just throw it out there in the car for me.

But I think its really to each their own. Gratuity really comes down to the idea of what each person wants to do.

There have been plenty of times when some idiot at a restaurant has taken forever to get our food, its been wrong, or whatever. And when that happens, they get ZERO tip for me. But then again, there are other times I’m out with a big crowd where they put the automatic gratuity in and I tell the waitstaff not to do it because they will lose money but they do it anyways and we end up tipping far less than we usually would.

Beer distributor no

i don’t go thru a lot of beer at home, maybe a case every 2 months. if i was in there more then maybe, but until now i’ve never considered tipping the guy

yeah it was just weird this time cuz i bought 2 cases and without even asking me she just walked right out with me and threw the beer in the trunk for me. then she stood there and paused for a sec then i just said thanks. i felt kinda bad but i dont know what those people make an hour. At this place in N. versailles they just dont give you a chance to look around and grab your own case, they just come with you and grab it for you and wheel it out to your car. I paid $60 bux already for the drinks so I wasnt really tryn to spend more in a tip but they are nice there.

Which to me means it’s part of their job description then, if most places do this. So, no tip from me.

Hooking up the A/C guys is worth it for me because they performed a skilled service I can’t do on my own, and they went beyond what they needed to do to satisfy how I wanted it done.

Not arguing with ya. I just see it differently.