Amost went down today......ugh

i had a 06 gsxr 750 and never had a singe problem with it… is this common?

Seems to me from the ones I’ve rePlaced and Vlad has

Or the brake hoses might be delaminating from the inside because they are multi layered hoses

so technically how did this happen? If its clogged blow it out and identify what caused the clog. if its liners on the brake lines coming apart, a new one isnt going to be the “fix”

The bike was riding great, no problems, then all of a sudden it very abruptly stoped by the power of the front brake. I must have slightly tapped the brake, but it fully engaged and did not let go.
Thats all I can really tell you, :dunno.

**The bike has 19k on it btw… **

That is exactly what happened to my coworkers 07 600 he already has ss braided lines, so I checked his master and the diaphragm on the inside collapsed so when the brake was applied it never really released and the fluid was being heated up more and more because the pads were dragging on the rotors and it fully locked up after the hoses couldn’t expand anymore

Holy shit^ sounds pretty similar to what could have happened… My brake lever was hard as a rock, I couldn’t pull it in, it had so much pressure in the system.

I would recommend upgrading the hoses to ss braided lines and replacing the master to a new one or the brembo one I mentioned earlier if ur going to keep the bike, I know they make rebuild kits as well but don’t know how well they work

Empty master cyl , compress brake pistons back if the pistons move freally its not a caliper or hose issue . Once its comppressed absorb the rest of the fluid out of master and refill and pump brakes up then bleed .

Thanks for the diagnostic tip! :number1

Glad you’re ok man and at least you know how well your front brakes work when they’re fully applied. :lol I’ve always had a good experience with Ronnie’s in Guilderland talk to Jim or Tony they always treat me right, of course if you arent going to do this stuff yourself.

^ YEA, Scared the poop right outa me, lol. I’m going to have some people take a look at it, then go buy whatever I need. Def dont want this to repeat, esp if my GF was on the back.

I hear ya man do it right the first time, thats why i dont like riding my old lady on the back of mine.

Any new levers ? Or anything else ? This just don’t seam a "norm or usual thing " to me . I can see a dragging brake etc but a out of nowhere lockup is weird .

Well, just drove it home onsome slow backroads with my buddy following… about half way home I could start to hear the brake dragging, then about 30 seconds later I could feel it getting stuck up again/then locked up. I got off thebike, my buddy gave me an 8mm wrench and I let a little pressure out of the front (drivers side, lol) caliper bleeder. The front wheel let go of its death grip, then made it home… :ponder

Definitely NEEDS to get this fix before touching the bike again…:ohnoes:ohnoes

So far sounds like exactly what was happening to me.

However in my case I was taking the bike out on it’s “mayden voyage” with the new to me front end so I had a full set of tools handy to bleed the calipers and Twin helps with the engine braking.

In my case I shrugged it off as a one time thing the first time around and then it happened on 87S going over central. Definitely a scary feeling at highway speeds.

If opening bleeder releves the pressure u have a hose or master issue . If it was caliper opening bleeder won’t let it go . Did ya change anything sully? What does fluid look like ?

Glad to hear you are ok. Def an issue with the brake fluid flow. It heats up and then locks up. But it’s odd that you made it as far as you did on the highway and it locked up at slower speeds. However, friction is friction.

I nearly hit a deer this past sunday and it scared the crap out of me. A road I know and have ridden many times in the past. I was in the middle of the afternoon and a deer was hidden in the ditch and I was riding solo (on the way to pick up my fiancee) and was feeling like pushing the limit. Ugh. Luckily, I wasn’t over 100% my ability or I would’ve had a nice 3-4’ ditch to land in… and many trees to stop me. Damn, I need to tone it back some. I haven’t been riding much lately and def don’t have the skill/reaction I once had.
Ride safe peoples…

No one else mentioned it- so here’s a somewhat common one, coming from motocross bikes- if you have a warped/bent/dinged front rotor- you’ll effectively get the same issue as dragging the front brake; i.e. - you’ll (intermittently) drag the brakes, heat the fluid, expand and eventually lock up the front end from fluid expansion. Just lift the front end up a bit and spin it by hand- keep an eye on the rotor and the caliper mounts- you’ll see if the rotor’s bent or if it hits the caliper if it moves. Even the smallest bent/ding/dent will eventually heat things up enough to make a difference.

On the motocross bikes, I don’t think I ever had it drag enough to lock up, but if it dragged enough, the pads would cook and the fluid would boil, resulting in pretty much non-working front (or rear) brakes.