Amount of money to work in Kuwait/Afghanistan for a year?

lol Kuwait is a modern country. The Christians are allowed to buy and sell alcohol.

I am in afghanistan now working for Boeing at Bagram Airbase. The first $91500 is tax free and you have to stay 331 days for that.

No amount of money could get me to go into those war ridden countries. I have played enough Counter Strike to learn that no matter how good or safe you think you are, some random asshole with a grenade can take you out so I wouldn’t want anything to do with some people who are flying these low cargo planes or truck convos for $150,00 a year.

If someone came up to me and wanted me to work on a base there for a year and pay me $200,000+ tax free, fed me, and I didn’t have to be up at 4am doing PT, I would have a hard time saying no.

lol really counter strike???, i probably would not base my decision on video game.

Freee, Where and when dose this plane leave, Drop me off anywhere in trashghaisthan and i will survive to do what i need to do

Calling Dan… Just talked to him today on facebook about this exact matter.

You sound unbalanced.

I already talked to Dan on FB a few days ago

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-president-us-soldier-kills-16-civilians-154011087.html

was this you?

this happens if you move

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/283792_10100647506818098_250107775_n.jpg

regardless … I would be in the 350k range … with free housing and every 6th weekend a trip home

there would be alot more than 16 bodies if it was me.

Sounds like a motivated warrior to me

Making our military proud one post at a time.

He has reasoning for his opinions

It would take a lot for me to walk away from the life I have right now. I am really enjoying myself, and I think that what it comes down to, is that money isn’t everything. I am pretty comfortable with my financial standing, and right now I’d rather focus on my lifestyle, and on making career choices that set me up for future greatness.

When I get bored what im doing now I will consider it or find a place that does world wide consulting…

I have been doing a lot of travel inside the US and I love meeting new people and getting to check out interesting places.

lol @ well balanced

My wife traveled a lot for work for the past 3 years. It gets old after a while.

Sitting on a big safe base is the most boring part of a deployment. Convoys, small FOBs/COPs, seeing the actual country, interacting with the people and then the actual “war” part of is what makes the experience.

Its funny that all these people can sit back and say “theres no amount of money to send me there” I was in afghanistan in 2010 and made around 60 grand tax free. Its not a ton of money, but you arent paying rent, cell phone, gas, food, entertainment or other stuff you blow money on in the states. If you didnt want to spend money you didnt have to. I figure 60 grand in the bank plus 25% off my property tax till the day I die made the year worth it.

Yeah the property tax incentive(goes up if you get injured BTW) saves me like 3k a year! I forgot about that. When I came home after doing an extended deployment when they were still giving the kicker for being there over 12 months I had an outrageous amount of cash in the bank. Really helped start get me to where I am today.

A family friends (ex)husband works over there repairing heavy equipment for a take home of ~$50,000. He’s been there for over 6 years doing this, certainly not enough in my book. I don’t know exact details of location etc. but I believe it’s on some kind of a base and not directly in a war zone.