an Evo, and a Civic made a baby... they call it a Kia Koup

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=CW&Date=20080320&Category=FREE&ArtNo=783939850&Ref=AR&maxw=350

“The Koup is built on a front-wheel drive unibody architecture and is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter, direct-injection four-cylinder engine that makes 290 horsepower and 289 lb-ft of torque. It’s paired with a six-speed automatic and has steering column-mounted paddle shifters.”

Apparently they borrowed the turbo engine their sister company is using in the Genesis, and turned up the boost.

Kind of like an ugly SL500/newer impreza

lol, something so wrong about a performance kia

decent power though :tup:

wow 290? thats gotta move pretty good i’d think

That seems like an awful lot of power to put through the front wheels.

And yeah, it really looks like a Civic and Evo mated.

thats what i was thinking, and i have a feeling they are going to skimp out and not put in an LSD

How is this any different then most of the honda boiiiis on here?

OH GEEZ a Kia paddle shift…does it have LSD…John beat me to it…a lot of power for stock Fwd car

lol

lol ib4theyfalloffthecar

lol @ all the manufacturers catering to ricers

edit: Kia and this sentence,

greenhouse-style glass roof panels.
make me nervous.

I’m sure the brakes and chassis will be top notch to handle the power.

Yay for automatic only.

InB4PaddleShiftersAren’tAutomatic

i sense the sarcasm fry

Lot of interesting things coming from Korea these days.

Hey look, recycled design cues :tup: :picard:

I don’t trust any of it. You should see the condition of the drawings/models they send over to us… I think a toddler could honestly do better than most

I HATE that new black middle section of the front bumper that is popping up on all of these new cars now. :tdown:

Yeah, there are a lot of them on this car.

I was behind a new Elantra yesterday, and it is the same. A bunch of stolen ideas… but if its priced right, and holds together it will sell.

The real point in question.

Kia is has gotten a whole lot more competitive in the last 5 years or so… interesting.

I don’t lik the look, but I like the idea.