An intelligent discussion on upgrades

okie dokie here we go
What TNC should be all about, not the multitudes of nonchalant video clips.

Sure it’s a great value, but how much of a “race car” do you become when you strip it down. I’ve been there and I want to come back desperately.
My Datsun was completely stripped down to a paperweight. When I honestly think about the difference in driving characteristic, I didn’t gain much performance at all by stripping it. I just got extemely irritated when driving it down the street cause I could hear every sound of the engine right in front of me, every rock that I bounced over and every rain drop that fell on the roof.

Of course they are both vital upgrades, but both have their places. You can up the power on a car and still Daily Drive it, but try stripping the car to the bones and Daily Driving it and tell me how much you’re annoyed with it. You remember driving around your 240 with the big ass exhaust leak the first time I met you.

I’m not saying to put a big ass turbo on the car, I’m saying to pick the turbo that will utilize most of the power band, even if it makes far less peak power than the other turbo.

Different conversation. As Pete said, HP is a function of TQ. If you up torque you generally up horespower. Calculus will give you a better understanding of that.