And THIS is why I HATE the fucking cops

Eh you’ll be alright Dave. The story will probably only run once and it ran late anyways.

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story/Man-arrested-for-chasing-another-with-loaded-shotg/F9W-tBvJs0m_yfoeBPNjBg.cspx

OP should voice your complain to the media outlet if your story and/or the police report is different than what is being reported.

Of all the shit that gets posted on this forum. Where are the fucking pics man! :rofl

Chasing a guy down with a loaded shotgun in public…I would hope you got cuffed for that Dave. Not saying it wasn’t warranted, but you’re a crazy mother fucker. :lol

i never said i wouldn’t do anything about it. i just told you who you should really be mad at.

If he fired the gun he’d be in line for a Hannoush franchise.

should have shot him in the foot the second he walked back into the store and reached into his pocket.

I suggest getting a good attorney.

This!

Also I know its easy to lose your cool especially over a lot of money like that, but you need to think before acting still, I know your intentions were getting this guy who ripped you off but running in public with a loaded gun is just a terrible idea, I mean whats to say while chasing him you trip and fall and the gun goes off and you accidently shoot a young kid walking with a parent or something. Not trying to be an asshole but you have to look at the big picture before running around with a loaded gun. Just wooping that idiots ass would have been a lot safer/smarter and probably a lot more satisfying IMO.

Either way good luck with court hopefully it goes well and you learn in case it happens again.

Hes taking care of it, says its not a big deal, hopefully hes right.

Criminal possesion of a weapon is beatable or close as I had good cause/intentions and the fact that instead of shooting right in my stoor I ran 600 ft without firing a shot.
Menacing ive been charged before and got off with a violation which isnt a crime, hopefully I can get that again.
Reckless endangerment Ive never been charged with nor do I know the seriousness of it so thats the charge im worried about… IDR if it was a felony or not.

gun was on saftey but yea, I regret just not beating the fuck out of him.

that really sucks. im sorry that happened :frowning:

just so im clear, was it the same guy that came back with another chain? or a different guy?

I have some “white gold” I will sell you for $3300…

on a serious note +1 for calling the cops. Shitty it didnt turn out like it should have. It seem’s like thats the way it mostly ends up.

Two guys were working togeather, I guess they were going shop to shop fucking people over. Im willing to bet they had a shitload of merchandise on them which is why he said he took a Taxi from Queens to Albany meanwhile had a Mercedes Benz key on him when cops patted him down.

First guy came into the shop, got over on me… Second guy came in 5 minutes after me determining 100% the shit I got was fake trying to sell me the EXACT fucking chain with the SAME out of state CA license. Told the guy give me a minute to check it out, went in the back room and called the police… Guy ovheard me I guess bc the lady kept asking me to repeat the damn address and the guy said he had to go to his car which doesnt make sense cause he didnt have one and thats when I pulled the gun out and told him not to move.

art. 120.20 reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree.

Class A misdemeanor

art 120.25 RE 1st

Class D felony.

Article 120.13 Menacing first
" a person is guilty of menacing in the first degree when he or she commits the crime of menacing in the second degree and has been previously convicted of the crime of menacing in the second degree or the crime of menacing a police officer or peace officer within the preceding ten years."

Class E felony.

art. 120.14 Menacing the 2nd degree
" "

1. He or she intentionally places a person or attempts to place another person in reasonable fear of physical injury, serious physical injury or death by displaying a deadly weapon, dangerous instrument or what appears to be a pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, machine gun or other firearm.

Class A misdmeanor

art. 120.15 Menacing 3rd.

Class B misdemeanor

if i were you, i would find out your past convictions and Current criminal charges.

what i have posted is from the 2011 version of the NYS Penal law and criminal procedure law book.

I know what the charges mean and stuff I just dont know what the court sees as real serious and basic shit… Ive been charged with felonies before and have had them tried to disorderly conduct which is a violation not a crime… Ive been charged with a bunch of shit, but never convicted of anything… I know id beat this retarded case in trial but who the fuck wants to go to trial? Its scary even if youve got all the evidence in the world. Hoping theyll just give me another disorderly conduct and a big fine.

he had a fake id, how are they going to tell if he gives them a real name or not? i guess they can look up names or SSNs and hope to see a drivers license pic, but maybe ‘i don’t have a drivers license or none driver ID card’ is enough to get you out of that aspect, idk, not sure they have his real name for sure

no they were just really stupid

this is why you have two guns, one illegally bought so you can plant it on the guy after you blow him away

well, what were you just charged with? 1st or 2nd degree crimes?

does not compute

oh, they were from out of state, and they were both from the same state.

I thought you were saying they both tried to give you the same exact ID lol, i guess i was thinking they were extra dumb, like me apparently :dunno

there is also such a thing as officers discretion

they may have been forced to charge Dave with the mennacing charge if the guy said he wanted to press charges but the other ones (which i can’t remember what they were) maybe they could have let slide.

i mean clearly there is more to the story then what happend on the street, no one is going to chase someone down and detain them because they left a because the detainee left a fake gold chain in your store.

its just not justice and it would be basically impossible to legislate for such nuances