And you thought the iPhone was cool?

See post #15

Exactly. The whole thing with the iPhone hype is great and made a really interactive phone. Horray for them. Only issue is that all the apps you see for Treos and BB and now iphone are built on development kits. The Android platform is completely open source and allows ANY aspect of the phone to be changed or modified. Combine that openness now of major networks like Verizon that allow any compliant device to be used and there is a lot of future for these phones.

As boardjnky4 said, its a platform, not a phone. You will see it on flip phones for the every day user, pda phones for the business user, and the trendy phones for the techies.

looks ok - Im sure someone out there will hack the software to work on the iphone anyway.

so i’m trying to figure out if you’re just that much of a apple nut-hugger or if your english skills are just lacking. andoird isn’t a phone. it doesn’t matter who makes what, google is only making the os. any company can put it on any phone, as well as any user, that’s the beauty of this os. android could go on a bb, an iphone, a treo, a blackjack, a envy, or whatever hell other phone you happen to have in your pocket.

Well I wouldn’t go that far, it will probably be a few people switching over from what they currently have (I’m sure there is going to be a ton of hardware compatibility issues). the biggest thing will be the new phone you buy already coming with this OS on it

Please elaborate.

Cavi Mike seems to stir shit up in every thread that I have seen

Because he’s a fucking tool box.

Because I see misinformation in so many threads and I like to say something about it.

You and Just Karter need to go hangout far away from a computer and leave the discussions here for us big boys.

90% of the time you bring in the misinformation. You sir are far from accurate

http://www.planetboredom.net/pix/data/media/2/i-cant-see-shit.jpg

you are fucking dumb, how do you not understand the difference between software and hardware.

I want to load this on my mogul.

Please elaborate on why open source software will not mean anything to the average consumer.

I think what he is getting at is the average consumer could not take advantage of an open-source platform. Much in the sense that most average people can not do such with Linux.

However this does hold some very nice possibilities, as for the interface style. Bitching about how everyone is copying it is like bitching that every car made has 4 Wheels, some pedals and a round thing to steer it. People like what works, and does so in a fancy manner.

nothing compares to the sidekick 3’s keyboard its even better than the lx keyboard :smiley:

a better OS would be nice tho, and a phone company that didnt suck.

I agree.

i can’t formulate what i want to say in this thread, i think i can only sum it up as “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”