Andrew (Smokin) Get to work!

So your running competition tires on a daily? You know you need to heat those up for them to get sticky…

Bad suspension setup? Right. All my shits aftermarket…

I guess Im a squirrel driver with a bad suspension setup and a straight as a arrow dick.

LOL!

Aftermarket doesn’t mean that its good :rofl

is the geometry correct, pinion angles, etc. makes a big difference. just bolting new parts on and not tuning it isnt helping

• tunine = alignment, panhard bar/torque arm adjustments etc.

yup. My pinion angle is at -1 degree’s. They recommend -2.5* for the track and -1* for street use. I have the magnetic dial, I check it all the time.

and I have found that the harder my rear shocks are adjusted, the better the car hooks up…softer, the worse it hooks. So right now I have them on setting 7.

Yeah, if you set them too soft the car will hook on the inital hit, but then the suspension will come unloaded quick making you spin. My rear shocks are real tight.

If I go from a dead stop WOT, the car doesnt spin at all. A little tire spin on the 1-2 shift, but thats it…

the problem is when Im rolling and im in my powerband and hit it, the suspension isnt preloaded so it spins.

Id say loosen the shocks up 1 click and try it. Also adj your pinion angle a bit more, that will help.

I was thinking about the pinion angle 1 more degree but I DD the car so I havent done it yet…

im pretty sure its the opposite with shocks, you want more rebound in them (softer). Typically a drag shock has more rebound than a stock shock, and a shock used for handling has less rebound than stock or drag shock, therefore keeping the car planted. You want the ass end to squat and you want the front end to lift. Thats why my old beat up shocks are great for launching.

It really varies from car to car. Like I said, if the spring is too soft, it will bounce and cause you to lose traction. Some people run real soft front ends with hard rears, so the front comes up and stays up, while the rear stays planted and doesnt rebound alot.

For front springs I have Eibach sportline springs…they are pretty stiff. My from KYB shocks are on setting 3…the front rides/handles great…Lifts right up about 6"+ when I smack the gas…

My rear springs are stock but I did the “hose” mod which is taking out the rubber insolator ontop of the spring where it sits against the body and put garden hose on the top coil of the springs…this lowers the rear 3/4" to 1"…I had the eibach sportlines on the rear as well but the car never hooked up with them…and like I said the rear shocks are on setting 7.

Sportlines are good for a drop and a comfortable ride… if you look on a lot of diff cars eibach offers, the spring rates are very close to stock… but they are progressive rate… the more you load the spring the stiffer it gets…

From what I can gather progressive rate + drag racing prolly isnt the best but i could be wrong

the susp drew has is one of the best for f-bodies as i run the same one its all spohn in fact its my old trq arm he has "i wish i kept now"drews biggest prob is the tires he is runnin get a set of nittos or at least sticky and it will prolly be fine

the eibach sportlines rode like asshole…as far as ride goes, stock springs blows them away…looks, eibach

I’ll trade ya? torque arm for nitrous kit :wink:

maybe over the winter got suttin im thinkin bout,that and your scared of the bottle:lol

All depends on the shocks/shock settings their setup with… Any car ive rode with eibachs springs including sportlines was a very comfortable close to stock ride but helped big time in the turns… personaly i dont like them as I like a stiff all around ride

the front rode awesome. The rears rode like ass. They didnt have enough “give” and within the first 2 weeks after a few WOT runs, they sagged alot and my fenders were almost on my tires.

My rear springs are stock but I did the “hose” mod which is taking out the rubber insolator ontop of the spring where it sits against the body and put garden hose on the top coil of the springs…this lowers the rear 3/4" to 1"…

this seems like one of the most “rigged” things you could do to an american car as an american. to me this is the equivilant of a foriegn person having “cut” springs on a honda…:ahh:rofl:ohnoes