Angels for Animals - Mad as Hell /rant

So I’ve had this stray cat around my house for a few weeks. Well last night we finally got around to taking it to a shelter. Well there’s one around here known as a “no kill” shelter or at least that’s how it’s known in the community. It’s called Angels for Animals. Well anyways we take the cat out there and go to leave it in the drop box. There’s like 1 sign saying that your cat or dog will be killed if left there. Now my fiancé has a family member that volunteers here and we were told that the animals are only put down if they are sick or mean. Now we have faith in this person telling us because she has worked there for years. So I put the cat in the cage and shut the door and start thinking maybe we shouldn’t leave the cat here just incase they are killing them. I decide it would be better to take the cat back home and just be out the gas… The doors auto locks so you can’t open it again. So I come home and call the shelter. My fiancé talks to a lady there and pretty much says the cat will be killed and we can’t do anything about it. Not unless we foster it. Cherri and I can’t have an inside cat. Anyways we go to sleep and call back this morning… I am talking to one of the volunteers there and she is trying to push fostering the cat on me. I tell her again I can not have an indoor cat. She well you can’t have it back. I wanted to put it in another shelter but I can’t have it unless I foster it (put it in an indoor home and drive it all these places and other stuff). Not cool I just can’t do it… so I told the lady I should have just left the cat on the street because its chances of living are better. Lady gets mad at me and tells me no it’s not because of cars and stuff… I laughed and said yeah I’ll just bring the cat in and put it in a cage hoping it goes to a good home so you can kill it. Really tell me how that’s better. We start arguing and I hang up on her.

Now hers what’s killing me… everyone knows it to be a no kill shelter, but they are killing 500+ animals a week there, they want you to foot the bill when fostering the animals (health care is free), and they get donated millions of dollars a year from local businesses, get free healthcare from vets, and get tons of supplies donated form local businesses as well. The complex is huge but they house 60 cats and 12 dogs on site and they have a lot in foster care. I’m just fuckin pissed, they shouldn’t be known as a no kill shelter when they kill 500+ cats and dogs a week. Where’s all the money going? I mean the shelter has a banquet hall that’s barely used, and so much wasted space only to have 60 cats and 12 dogs, what a rip off, I won’t donate or say a good thing about them again. / rant
:madfawk:

if it makes you feel any better when i was 16 and had a job at a convenient store we had a little bank for donations for them…i would steal all the quarters out of there jar lol

good… fuck that place.

you seem a lil torqued

i feel the pain. we have a cat here and like it was the neibors cat. they tryed to kill it by staving it. they stuck it outside to die with no food and a place to sleep. So we built a box out of wood put a heating pad in it and turned it on for winter and feed to cat. it’s now an outdoor cat. it comes and goes as it wishes and it watches out for cars.

poor kitty. :frowning:

hannibal… you are surpised people are lying pieces of fucking shit?

-fshowcars

thats terrible…i would have just went back and broke the damn cage

i wanted to but the gf wouldnt let me

its not so much the lying… i assume everyone i talk to is lying.

its the fact that they would rather kill a cat than give it back… isnt that fucked up… besides they said the scared animals get put to sleep well because they are scared. fine ill put those mother fucks in acage some where they dont know and not knowing whats gonna happen and just cap em in the head for being scared… thats really fucked up.

Number and mapquest please…

website

http://www.angelsforanimals.org/

http://www.angelsforanimals.org/directions.asp

peeeeeerfect:bigthumb:

its really fucked up… here i found out the person we knew left angels for animals and doesnt volunteer there anymore… guess it must have been pretty bad because she is an animal lover…

gOOD FOR HER/HIM BUT THAT IS REALLY FUCKED UP MAN,I HATE TO SEE PETS DIE LIKE THAT FOR NO REASON,JUST BECASUE THESE RIGHT WING LITTERALS HATE THEM AND JUST DON’T WNAT TO SPEND THE MONEY ON THEM U KNOW. NUMEROUS TIMES I HAVE FOUND CATS AND 2 DOGS AND TOOK EM TO A SHELTER OR VET AND PAYED FOR EM TO GET ALL DONE THEN MADE SURE THEY WERE ADOPTED

I think we’re overlooking a real serious problem here. They are killing 500 animals a day? There’s thousands of people in this country that go hungry, and I bet theyre just throwing those dead animals in the trash. What a bunch of heartless cocksuckers.

there’s nothing I hate more than a bunch of right wing litterals.

HAHAHAHA!!!

thats just the thing… they wouldnt give me the cat back so i could take it to a different shelter so it wouldnt get killed… you would rather kill it than give it back to me so i can find it a home… thats what pissed me off.

i know man,i would of gone down there and riped thier heads off then piss down their open necks and takin the cat:bukkake: