Annual General Meeting-Membership Drive

Hello everyone. I want to announce that NECC’s Annual General Meeting will be held Friday, April 17 @ 7:00 pm at the Royal Alberta Museum.

We encourage ALL people who are thinking of becoming members, existing members and all existing BoD personnel attend this meeting. We will be offering 2009 Memberships at this AGM for those who would like to be a part of the club this year.

This is also a great opportunity to meet everyone else, discuss this year’s events, plans, any concerns you all may have, etc. Board of Directors positions will be open for those who would like to be a part of the Club in a larger role.

This club cannot function without the participation and involvement of all of you. We have some great ideas for this year so feel free to attend so you can get the first scoop :smiley:

If you are wanting to become a Member, memberships are $20.

I encourage everyone to attend. Thanks and see you there!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ragerman/Museum.jpg

Address: 12845 102 Ave
Time: 7Pm - 8Pm

BUMP.

All BOD positions will be up for grabs this night. Without a BOD’s there is no club.

Definatly coming out to this and i encourage everyone else to as well. Just like he said and we all know it if there is no support…there is no club… so hope to see a whole bunch of people out there…

definitely going to be there … would be great to see a huge turnout

Needs to be pointed out that all past Memberships expire after this AGM. Everyone will need to renew their memberships. It’s $20 bucks and being that NECC is a Non Profit Organization, your money helps maintain this forum, book track events and help with other events we plan each year.

So if you have any buddies who want to join up bring them down to the AGM. If you can’t make it be sure to come out to our many Meets this season. We will be giving memberships out all year :smiley:

I’ll be there twenty bucks in hand and hopefully the z’s maiden voyage for 09

Cheers

Awsome… Lets hope the snow is gone

I’ll try to make it…

… in one of my Nissans.

I hope so LOL we still need to talk to you about working together this summer…if you are still interested?

If I can make it, you both can have a piece of me since it sounds like you’re tag-teaming me. LOL

Umm… should I be worried?

Hell no, we just want to discuss some collaborative efforts this summer, like i stated in the 8 PMs I sent you all this winter :smiley:

I might not be able to make it to this one as I am helping drop an sr20 into my old shell that my friend bought :slight_smile:

OK for those who are thinking of becoming a BoD this year, I cannot stress this enough; you must be fully committed to doing your job for the whole year. If you are serious about being a part of the BoD, it is fun and there isn’t much work to do, so long as everyone does their job.

You will have specific jobs to perform and will be required to follow through on those jobs for the entire year. When you are asked to do a job you are expected to finish that job. As an example we had a number of individuals who were on the board but didn’t do what they were asked to do. Which left 3-4 of us doing everything. Which is not how we want the BoD to operate this year.

I don’t want to scare anyone away :smiley: but it is important to have committed individuals on the BoD to make this Club work for the year. With that being said, here are the Jobs that are up for grabs and the duties for each job as outlined in our Bylaws.

a. President & Vice President
i. The President shall be an ex-officio member of all Committees. He/she shall, when present, preside at all meetings of the Club and of the Board. In his/her absence, the Vice President shall preside at any such meetings. In the absence of both, a member in good standing shall be elected at the meeting to preside.

b. Secretary
i. It shall be the duty of the secretary to attend all meetings of the Club and of the Board, and to keep accurate minutes of the same. He/she shall have charge of the Seal of the Club which whenever used shall be authenticated by the signature of the Secretary or the President, or, in the case of the death or inability of either to act, by the Treasurer.

ii. In case of the absence of the Secretary at a scheduled or unscheduled meeting, his/her duties shall be temporarily transferred to another member in good standing appointed by the Board. The Secretary shall have charge of all the correspondence of the Club and be under the direction of the President and the Board.

iii. The Secretary shall keep a record of all the members of the Club and their addresses, and send all notices of the various meeting minutes and above member information to the President.

c. Treasurer
i. The Treasurer shall receive all monies paid to the Club, including membership fees and be responsible for the deposit of same in whatever Bank, Trust Company, Credit Union or Treasury Branch the Board may order.
ii. He/she shall properly account for the funds of the Club and keep such books as directed by the President.
iii. He/she shall present a full detailed account of receipts, revenue, and disbursements to the Board and President whenever requested and shall prepare for submission to the Annual Meeting a statement duly audited of the financial position of the Club.
iv. The Treasurer will also submit a copy of the Club’s financial statement to the Secretary of the Club for the records of the Club.
v. All banking information, authorizations, and transactions can only be obtained or conducted by the signing authorities of the Club which shall be no less than two members of the Board.

d. Event Registrar
i. The Event Registrar is responsible for recording all registrations related to Club events and reporting such to the Board.

e. Communications Directors
i. The Communications Directors shall be responsible for management of the club web site and providing notices of club events and information to members in a timely manner.

If you have any questions feel free to post them up or bring them up at the AGM this Friday.

I do plan on coming out to this on Friday but will need some guidance as I really don’t know Edmonton very well. I can get to Ellerslie no problem, but past that I have no idea.

A Little navigation would be helpful :slight_smile:

here are directions from the hwy

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=nisku+alberta&daddr=12845+102+Avenue+NW,+Edmonton,+AB+T5N+0M6,+Canada+(Royal+Alberta+Museum)&hl=en&geocode=%3BCTFcY_lXU0g0FXYAMQMd23Y7-SFCxauoCsAwVQ&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=53.436042,-113.532881&sspn=0.325602,0.686646&ie=UTF8&ll=53.440628,-113.545074&spn=0.325568,0.686646&z=11

Look forward to meeting you finally :smiley:

Okay that doesn’t look too bad. If you see a little yellow spec driving around aimlessly, make sure to flag me down!!!

Thanks for the directions!

Kristen,

I live in the Ellerslie area. If you want we can set a time and you can follow me to the meeting.

Ryan

Ryan: That can work too. I don’t get off of work till 4ish and it might not be in Edmonton till about 7ish…depending on how heavy my foot feels.

Can I opt for a motion to push the meeting till 7:30?

lol… We will see what happens. I can’t meet you @ 7 as I need to be at the museum @ 5:30.

I live along 23rd ave and rabbit hill rd which is about 5 min from the highway, if you want you can follow me to the meeting