another comp question

well my comp at my house is extremely loud. the hum from the fan drives me nuts and i have to shut it off during the nite

im here at school and the fans on these fans are remarkable quiet. i dont know if its because the comp is 2 years old and prob has alot of dust on the fan or if the fan is just plain loud.

anyone know how hard is it to change a fan on a comp. is that a do it yourself thing to make it quiet or should i ask one of you people that are more cabable and how much are the fans for them alone?

couple screws and a power cable. that’s it. Fans are pretty cheap.

Originally posted by Black_WS6
couple screws and a power cable. that’s it. Fans are pretty cheap.

thanks is this something that happens over time the fan just gets loud?

they did on my old computer

Actually it depends on the fan… my old computer here at work had a fan way deep down inside the computer and it was a bitch to fix, and even worse trying to find one that would fit… because it wasn’t the main fan. Then I got a new computer and I didn’t have to worry about it anymore. :slight_smile:

Over time the bearings and gears just wear out, don’t spin as freely. This is normal for fans.

Replacing the fans are relatively simple. :slight_smile:

… and when you’re ready to step it up a bit, you can opt for the bling-bling cooling fans with neon LED’s and the chrome grills, here’s mine:

:cool:

mac if you need help ill fix it for ya. ive built several computers from scrath its easy. finding the parts u need is the problem

Originally posted by Silver_WS6
finding the parts u need is the problem

www.tigerdirect.com

:slight_smile:

i have a ricer computer too :smiley: except my neons are blue, not :greddy: pride like craig’s

haha… i could change a fan in 10 seconds…

no fans are ‘hard to find’ or ‘hard to change’ … led / neon cases are for true homos (craig) … and … yeah… most computer fans don’t have bearings and gears

it’s simple shit… try a can of air first… you probably don’t know which fan it is… could be your power supply dying…

regardless it’s one of the easiest things to change… so i’m sure you could figure it out…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow, the jealousy of my neon LED’s is great in these two…