Another down...

So im driving home today and my gf called me to see if i was ok… well apparently a bike hit a car pretty hard, from what i heard from people who saw the accident said the car made a left hand turn and the bike t-boned it right infront of blockbuster on southwestern in OP.

Looked pretty serious, and a few including myself thought it could have been fatal. I stopped by to return a movie and there were blankets over the guy as he left on a stretcher.

Looked to be a harley with white walls.

Hope everyone is ok!

wait so the car cut in front of the bike, or the bike was at fault?

either way i hope they live

just as i read this my dad just pulled in on his white harley with whitewalls…seriously was pissing myself for a sec…

blankets over his head? Sure hope not, hope everyone is ok…

ugh… no good.

From what i heard from witnesses, the car (making a left turn) cut infront of the bike coming in the opposite direction and the bike t-boned it.

And there were blankets over the passanger side of the car and the person on the bike.

Looked to be a black harley, white walls, red full face helmet and a black jacket

no good at all… it was almost too quiet for a little while. maybe thats because its been raining so much.

yea f’real. Nothing for a few weeks, and i’ve heard of two accidents yesterday (neither fatal thankfully) and then a frantic call from the girl tonight about another one. I really hope the dude pulls through, it doesn’t look like he was in the wrong either :frowning:

You know, as bad a reputation as sportbike riders get sometimes, in my 6 years of riding experience I have had only a very few select times where I put myself in a shitty situation that could have ended badly, and it never involved me potentially hurting anyone else but myself. From my experience, most of the time its some shitty driver that just is not paying attention to WTF they are doing. Hope the guy is ok, most likely he’s not. :confused:

Another tragic reminder to stay safe and keep on top of your game. I hope everyone pulls through okay.

:frowning:

This is how my father got hurt. It’s been a year and he’s still in recovery.

I just rode by there on my way home about 15 minutes ago. just a bunch of road flares and emergency crews hanging around… looked pretty grim…

the first report i heard was that it was a green ninja, (now i know that was wrong) and for the first time all year i was hoping you DIDN’T have your bike on the road yet.

best wishes to this rider for sure…

i dont think anyone would disagree with you, except for my grandfather who says “They tell us all to watch for bikes, well how about the bikes watch for us!?”

i hate to say it, but hes one of those drivers thats makes us riders just another statistic. i tell him all the time, your car will kill me. my bike wont kill you, it will still kill me.

<3

soon enough though, i just ordered some more goodies tonight :slight_smile:

you’ll be one of the first people i call, i wanna check out the r6sex

glad you’re safe <3 haha

lol… i said “…on the rode yet…” and this random lurker OT-contributor girl :snky: nailed me for it in about .34 seconds after posting… :rubicant:

Anyway… pm me your number again, i got a new phone and lost all my numbers… again.

jesus. the guy drove by about 10 minutes before we left mighty and i remember thinking the whitewalls looked good and the full face helmet was wierd for the kind of bike he was on. to be honest, he was probably hauling since he was hammering down southwestern when we saw him.

I saw a guy who went down today too, middle-aged guy on a Harley or something similar by Burger King on Camp. He was sitting in the grass looking sore, didn’t look too bad. Stay safe out there!

Saw the same thing last night too, looked pretty serious. The crews wouldn’t even let me drive past the blockbuster, they were diverting traffic down union.

EDIT: http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/378094.html

I wonder if there were a lot of horse accidents in the old west.

stage coach pulls out in front of billy the kid as he rears his horse up to impress the local school marm?