Another lightweight battery option

A lot of guys have been using these high-end motorcycle/ATV batteries with sucess. Obviously if you have a system in your car or neons and crap like that, then these aren’t for you. A typical f-bod battery weighs right around 35-40lbs, these weigh 17, so you’ll drop around 20lbs right off of the nose for pennies on the dollar. Link is here:

I just googled it and found it for $68. There happens to be one on ebay right now for under $40 if someone wants to grab it.

That’s the same battery that Innovative sells, I am 99% certain. I run one in my Evo. It worked fine, but this past week, after not starting the car for about a month or so in the super cold weather we were having, the car wouldn’t fire. I had to get it charged, and then it started right up. Probably would happen with any small battery in the winter, especially with you 5.7L guys!

Gel batt?

I wanna side mount one…

Most likely an AGM battery

yea, did a little reading after i posted. sorry.

I had thought about one for my turboSHO, but I think it pulls too much amps powering the oil pumps and other bull shit associated with my car.

nice, i just may have to snag one of these.

I don’t think they make them in blue, lol.

fine for the summer but dont run them in the buffalo winters

I would imagine anyone running one of these would be for a drag car or summer cruiser only.

Yes but you are being logical with some common sense. This is NYSPEED.

I agree. It seems that whenever it is cold out, my plugs get fowled easier with this small battery compared to when I had the large battery. I never had this problem when it was warm out, so it has to be related to the temperature.

Its nice and light though (lighter than my bowling ball), and super easy to transport ore pull out of the car for any reason. It also has 270 CCA.

oh you bastard…i’ll paint it!! :mamoru:

I have a small Honda battery that loses it charge really quick in the winter too if the car isn’t started.

Kinda a pain in the dick actually. Especially since my car’s EPROM loses its memory once the juice is cut and then I need to reload my tune.

The normal Odysessy battery is 15.5lbs and comes with a three year warranty.

…and is $170

about a hundo if you get the pc625

Just looking into these since my current el-cheapo battery decided to take a shit on me over the winter (my guess is it died and froze).

Anyways looking at the options here: http://www.bigcrank.com/bigcrank_batteries.php

I’m wondering if the 30l might be worth the extra 4lbs. You do an extra 100CCA’s and more capacity. Even the 18l gives you a bit more for only an extra pound. Opinions?

I guess that depends on your car. Running lights? Huge amps? Store it in the winter? I want to say go with the lightest you can find, whatever gets the car started. But if you have any of the above you might want the 18l.

I ordered my PC625 Odyssey battery today from Summit. Was $89.95. I had somehting on backorder so they shipped it without addtional handling charges (pretty nice loophole which I like to take advantage of as much as possible).

Basically it would be $100 to the door based on thier new handling charges.

EDIT: My current Interstate battery is 40lbs and the steel tray/mount I have is 5lbs. I figure after this battery and a new aluminum tray Ill make, I should be down prob 30lbs.

Dan