Another One Bites The Dust....

I got the 3 out of 4 red dashson my XBox 360. I guess its the “ring of death” even though its not a complete circle. The 12 o’ clock to 3 o’ clock green light. So, I took the XBox 360 apart and nothing visual (as I thought) Gonna put it together, and tomorrow do the heat gun fix. Awsome quality!:banghead:

what?

Como what?

What dont you guys understand???:mamoru:

You changed your original post:meh:

no shit…I didnt lay on the sarcasm THAT thick. :roll2:

I also found a new method for fixing this “ring of death”…

http://soapbox.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=9d4f98cc-0b39-42cc-b750-498d3fe2ace3

I dont think I’ll be trying that one though.

my launch console is still going strong (knock on wood). Feels wierd to have a good running 360, with all the complaints I hear.

Sorry to hear about yours. I’d HAVE to get a new one though if something happened to mine. mabey the elite. Match the ps3…

pre edit sucked so fucking bad.

lol, i thought you were talking about some rare red clock you had in your car.

haha :lol:

I did the “Blanket” proceedure for shits n giggles…

It fuckin worked!!!

MY 360 is working again. I dont recommend it but…it worked for me…and the guys in the vid link.

yeah it really overheats things in there, easier than the heat gun method. Lets hope it stays working for ya, mine didnt…lol

WTF…LMAO…it just took a shit again.

lol temp fix, it seems like its fixable if it worked then stopped, try the heat gun thing, and change out the x clamp on the heat sink with some nuts and bolts, puts even pressure on the mb so it doesnt loose its solder connects when it gets hot.

haha iv had my regular xbox for almost 5 years now and its still running strong. i bought it refurbished, so i guess they fixed everything that would have gone wrong.

haha…go fuck urself. :wink:

Ya, I plan to pull it apart again…do all the mods to it to get it to run like a muh fugga.

BTW, what are the torx bolt sizes used on this unit?

for the little black ones on the back i used something other than a 10 tho, cant remember

yeah, the black ones…I tried a small screwdriver…didnt work so well. I know ur into modding ur 360…what place/store do/did u go through? What are some good things to buy? (fans, mod chip, ect)

thats what happens when they rushed the prodution of all those. ill buy it when all yours go wrong and they realize what they have to fix. and its half the price too. haha