some to fix an xbox 360

my xbox360 has the red light and there for won’t work anymore, does anyone know how to fix these

Three rings of death?(three red lights). If so i fixed mine. Opened it up and cleaned the chips under the heat sinks.

Its a pretty easy fix. Otherwise my 360 just died of another cause. Time for a new one.

Although it gets that when it gets hot, its the disc that got a perfect circle scratch around it.

how many lights? and whats the date on the back of your console?

I want to say its a full ring but I cant remember it’s been a while and the date is 09-16-2006

well if it’s the 3 ring, then send it to microsoft as they have a 3yr warranty on that issue

I had the 3 rings of death also, then i sent it in got it fixed, never got the warranty… now it studders every once and awhile… kinda weird. im scared :frowning:

oogie games on delware in kenmore

x2

If its 3 rings, count the sequence it flashes in (twice pause three times pause 1 time) and you can know what is causing the fault. Save the time and call 1800-4MY-XBOX

A friend modifies and repairs XBOXs, I’ll see if he’d be interested.

They’re not too bad to fix. you can do it yourself for about $6 in parts from lowe’s if your motivated. otherwise people do it for around the $40-50 range. Not always a guaranteed long term fix but it will def get u back up and running for a while.

I second that. I fixed mine from the doomed 3 rings, worked good then went kaboom. I turn it on and a hear a loud whoosh of the fans then it shuts off.

Does anyone elses Xbox Studder after playing it for like an hour or two? It did this while i played UFC, and Forza2. its really weird.