Another one down

My friends dad was in an accident this morning (7/12). Was airlifted to Albany Med. I don’t know the details, but he has been riding for like 30 years, so just be safe out there people. You don’t know what could happen, and I don’t wanna read or write any more stories about guys going down.

jesus christ. this year is awful for bikers. Hope he recovers fully man. All the best.

where did it happen

hope he’s okay

I always have a fear when my dad is out riding alone. Sorry to hear about your buddies dad. Hope him and his dad are okay!

What a sad year this is turning out to be.

It happened near quad graphics in saratoga. he was on his way to work, and something happened with the bike, apparently the front brake locked up when he was riding and threw him off the bike at like 40mph. He broke ribs, fractured his shoulder blade, and did something to his lung. They med flighted him to Albany Med and I guess he will be there for a bit. I guess it happened, he got up and started walking toward the bike, and then just collapsed and passed out. Luckily his boss was on his way into work and saw him like 3 minutes after it happened. It has been a shitty year for bikers, and again please just be safe out there guys. Shit can change in an instant…

holy fuck thats 2 front tires that’ve locked up in 2 days. WTF!!

i saw a guy on i90 yesterday with a blown out tire. i was already past him when i noticed or i would have stopped and gave him a lift. bad year for bikers indeed

wow, sorry to hear…another front brake lockup!!

awesome… I read this just after i get back from DMV with my plates for the Ducati.

hope he get better soon, I am sorry to hear man.

ride safe people. keep your bikes in tip top shape, gear covering your ass and ride like everyones out to run you over. Then try to have some fun mixed in there too.

Did KK say he has a Ducati…? Good to hear man. Ride safe, bud.

yeah finished it up to the point of a test ride sat. Ordered a PC for it, need to make some exhaust and a catch can for PCV. But it runs and rides great. Felt good to be back on a bike.

So a little update, he is home. Recovering. And it turns out it was not the front brake. My friends uncle (the brother of the downed rider) went to pick up the bike, and apparently the clutch seized. for no reason, it was working awesome, and something came apart and it seized, that’s what threw him off the bike. they also said he is damn lucky he did no internal damage to his lungs or anything like that. KK…enjoy the Ducati bro! And of course ride safe!

Makes me scared also, I take my road test this fri. @ 3:30 really nervous for that to… I am really comftorable on my bike and do circles and figure 8s flawlessly lol.

what would cause malfuntions like this? I am deff tryin to make sure I maintian my bike to keep it as safe as possible!

Sounds good Bud. Can’t wait to see you out there again. Keep it safe man.

P.S. Post some pics of the Ducky…

Random mechanical malfunctions. Little you can do to prevent them.

Short of changing your tires along with chain and sprockets in time there is little you can do mechanically to prevent a future accident from a mechanical fault.