Rider buys new bike. Killed leaving the lot

I guess yesterday a guy bought a new bike from spitzies and while pulling out onto central ave was hit by a truck and was killed. Don’t know to much about it but from what I’ve heard he was trying to go across central.

jesus christ

Really sad.

saw this litterally less than 3mins after it happend, the brandy new full size chevy looked like the pass. side front hit a brick wall at 100

rip

Wow thats terrible, RIP

UGh. RIP

Sad to hear about some thing like this.

very sad RIP

There was another biker hit on 787 yesterday afternoon going towards the saratoga exit, I saw it driving home from the Valley.

Too many accidents recently. There was a death on the main road to my neighborhood in greenfield.

I guess the guy’s wife was driving behind him while pulling out of Spitzie’s. Very sad indeed.

UGH. :cry:

that is horrible, RIP :frowning:

Wow, that’s a terrible story. I was almost hit last night on Western when someone made a (very slow) left hand turn right in front of me. That’s the closest I’ve ever come, literally inches from hitting the back right corner of their trunk. A guy in a silver S2000 pulled up next to me at the next light and said, “WTF just happened?? Did he not see you?”

Holy shit! :wow

I had something like that happen to me too. I pulled up her her window and asked her if she even saw me on the side of her when she started moving. “Nope must not have seen you, I didnt hit you anyway so why do you care?” I reached over and smacked her mirror forward and said well now you have an excuse next time you pull that shit and the rider doesn’t get out of the way like I did you dumb bitch.

Pay the fuck attention people. This whole driving thing isnt very hard when you complete the basic tasks in your vehicle.

Sad to hear, I am truly sorry to read that. RIP to the rider and best wishes for the family. :cry:

Hate hearing stuff like this RIP

Its no excuse, but most drivers brains are programmed to look for other cars and trucks, and will filter out pedestrians and motorcyclists.

imo, getting on a bike means you take some personal responsibility by knowing full well what could happen to you in an accident. When I had bikes, I treated every other car as if they we’re paying attention, and I think it helped keep me safe.

That’s awful, RIP.

It was the exit before rt. 7, I got stuck in that traffic on the way out of Albany. Only saw them loading what looked like a silver Harley onto a flatbed.
Must have seen a dozen bikes go towards Albany in the meantime, all wearing t-shirts and shoes.

Too many accidents recently. There was a death on the main road to my neighborhood in greenfield

All the newbies are getting bikes right about now, and the squids are out as well. Sadly that is what’s going to happen every now and then.

I had one better recently, a woman in suv made a left from median into gas station, missed, stopped in right lane, reversed back into left lane (the one I was in), and then pulled into the station. All with traffic bearing down, everyone was so dumbstruck no-one even beeped. I avoid central like the plague everywhere past 155 towards Albany.