Another one lost

I know I said I wouldnt post for a while here but I have to. Yesterday i was going to also, but decided to stick to my “no posts until nov”… but what ever.

RIP to the rider.

He died the same way I went down about 2 miles from where I did. Sounds like he blew a turn and went off and hit a tree, exactly what I did. What doesnt make sense is why they didnt fly him to Albany. It was the same responders that would have helped him, and I was told by the people that took care of me that any motorcycle MVA if the rider isnt dead or walking around they are getting a heli ride to Albany. Main reason I am posting is because it makes me think about how luck I was to have made it out alive going down the same way this guy did, granted we dont know the speed he was going and I know I was doing 45 when I crashed. Make me think about my life that’s for sure.

While I love riding those roads, all three Adam mentioned, I tried to only push it on turns where I had a run out if I messed up. Way to many big ditches, guard rails, embankments, and trees. While the roads are twisty and paved very well, many turns are blind. We used to rip around up there and have spotters park up ahead on the shoulder and if a car was coming the opposite way we were, they would pull out safely in front and ride up slowly ahead of the car… so as you were blasting down the road and you saw another rider (we also used the snowmobile trail signal 1 finger, 2 finger, 3, etc to show how many cars were coming) you knew to slow it down and proceed with caution. That was the safest way we could “push our luck” back there. So please guys, when you are out riding, have fun but please think ahead and do it as safe as you can, I dont want to see a thread for one of us like this.

RIP again to the rider, and please stay safe guys.