Another one taken down by a fucking retard!

Sorry to hear that…

Maybe the people on the bikes should be aware too.

Oh for sure, but even if it wasn’t my fault I would still feel bad if I was involved in an accident with a bike, the outcome is going to be way worse than with another car. It’s just worth it to me to pay a little extra attention.

When I had the Ninja I was out riding with some friends and some old dumb bitch turned right on red, right into my lane. Luckily I was able to move the tiny bike out of the direct path of her car but close enough where I had to kick her door. I already have some rage issues when it comes to driving. You should have seen me after that happened. I had to pull over just so I could calm the fuck down.

If only I had a dollar for every time that another driver or an 18 wheeler didn’t see me.

Stop taking lefts on the red arrow, that might help. :tongue

My sister-in-laws brother just wrecked on his bike like a month ago. Lady turned into him without signaling from what I can tell. Although I think he was passing her at a high rate of speed.

They almost had to amputate his arm due to blood vessel damage but managed to fix that. He has no use of his right arm right now, although he’s starting to get feeling back.

Both of his lungs had collapsed, and he had to get air lifted to UVA.

Only his arm is having issues now, he’s fine otherwise. Very lucky.

Bottom line, whether you are behaving on a bike or being an ass, you CAN and probably WILL get hurt at one point.

wow, glad he is doing better.

Wow.

And just to think I went 120 with him (me riding shotgun) like a month before.

Good thing there were no cars on the road when he took me for a spin.

If you all recall, I was posting about possibly getting a bike. That ride is the reason why. But after he crashed, I think it’s safe to say I’ve scratched that plan. Just too much risk, even if I’m driving 100% correctly.

Oh and his bike is an 06 R6.

Someone made comment on the loud pipes save lives idea. I passed a trooper on the thruway yesterday sitting in the u turn shooting a DB meter! It want a radar gun thats for sure. I heard a few people tell me they are cracking down on loud pipes this year.

Honestly the loud pipes do get peoples attention. Many times, each time I go out I am nutral reving at someone to get their attention. I see a car backing out of a driveway a head of me, I dont even chance it that they will look, stop or keep going… I pull in the clutch and twist a few times… 90% of the time They will just about snap their neck and look right at you. it works. Same as a intersection, I come in and drop a gear and make alot of noise. it does work.

But, what it doesnt work in is on a high way when you are behind the cars. The sound doesnt travel ahead as well, and it is way harder to hear you coming. And if they have a radio on, forget it, a HotBodies gp pipe on a Liter bike you wont hear unless it is 10 feet from the car.

And on the harley doutches. I have seen more “squid” harley people all over the place.

I want to get pulled over for having a loud exhaust so I can tell the officer that it is the OEM muffler. lol

Prob shooting laser, would be a huge waste of time sitting there waiting for a bike to go by in hopes that they might be gunning it past the trooper.

a horn serves the same purpose. i know what you mean about not hearing it on the highway though, there was a bike that came up behind me other day doing 100+ scared the shit out of me it was so loud. didnt even hear it til he was right next to me.

ROFL a bike horn is completely useless. I could fart into a megaphone and be heard over a bike horn!

Infact, I have a db meter at home… I am going to see how loud my cars and bike are later. lol

lmao ive done this before

Loud pipes are all well and good, but unless you run straight pipes on a harley, people won’t hear you all the time. Especially those in front of you, while they are chatting on the phone or not looking both ways when pulling into the street, or blasting music or whatever else they do that distracts them from driving and causes accidents . Between all the regislation cranking down on db leves on exhausts, bans on aftermarket stuff in certain places and the moves toward electric bikes, you just can’t rely on making noise to stay safe on the road.

Just get a 110 DB aftermarket horn. That should be enough to give someone a heart attack…LOL

I’ve been planning how to mount mine on the bike.

It’s deafening when next to you but in the Subaru engine bay with sound deadening it’s no louder then OE horn.

We shall see, rated @ 140db at a few inches away.

electric bikes will be absolute death traps. I am sure thye will and could be a great bike to ride. on a track, where it is you, your bike (maybe some other bikes around) and the pavement.

Top gear said it best when they talked about the Prius. Around the city it is silent, little Tommy is fucked when he goes out into the road to get his basketball.

An another reason I dont use my bike horn, or my car horn (that much)… Reaction time. In a car, I have to press in the clutch, slam brakes, maybe shift into another gear, then punch the steering wheel ot alart the driver I am about to interact with. FUCK that, press clutch and nutral rev the shit out of it. Again that only works if your car is loud. Also I cant reach the tiny ass button on my clutch perch very well, and I can pluu the clutch in and hit the rev limter in no time flat.