Another one taken down by a fucking retard!

Well, my point is whether we like it or not, electrics are coming. It remains to be seen if they will stay or we’ll use something louder for propulsion besides the gas ICE but regular gas engines will get phased out eventually… The bike I ride is pretty quiet so I can’t and don’t rely on others seeing me, or hearing me, I just do my best to predict what they may do in advance and act accordingly. As far as pulling in the clutch and revving, to me its the same thing as putting it in neutral at traffic lights - you’re relinquishing control of the vehicle. Not an acceptable proposition.

I had two bikes pass me on I-787 a few years back at like 160. I didn’t hear them till they PASSED me. Like 2 seconds later the sound caught up. No lie. Don’t know how that’s possible, but that’s what I heard.

I want a bike but just dont trust the people driving around me.A car is enough for me now at this point .

Don’t get one, the way the weather is going around here you won’t get much use of it. Get an ark or something instead… :lol

yea W T F man with this fucking weather

fuckkkkkkkkkkkk this and fuckkkkkkkk everything with bikes and shit

Exactly why I don’t have one :Idiots

fuck harley’s and they’re open pipes.

completely unnecessary if you ask me. they put those pipes on there. its not like it came that way from the factory. i’m all for loud exhausts, but ones that sound at least somewhat good. a popping, spitting, sloppy sounding harley, should be pulled over and ticketed for a loud exhaust, just like everyone else on the road. people almost hit me in my car everyday from being stupid, out to lunch, etc. almost all of my exhausts are loud. no where near the db of a harley, but it doesn’t matter to law enforcement. its one thing if the pipe(s) are baffled, or have a muffler/ spark arrestor, but when you slap straight through pipes on a harley, you aren’t serving any purpose other than annoying the fuck out of people. i know loud pipes save lives, but with how oblivious people already are to motorcyles, and other traffic, pedestrians, etc… it isn’t much of an argument.

I hate Harley’s.

I live at the base of a mountain. When they drive through, their abnoxious sound echos miles down the road along the mountain. It’s f’in annoying.

Now the sound of a 600CC or more street bike is music to my ears.

^^^ +1

if its a “refined” sound, volume shouldn’t be an issue. i can think of 1436565 cars/ bikes that sound better than any harley.

Best sounds:

F1, Infinity G or FX, Ferrari/Lambo/Similar, Kenne Bell SC Whine, and Street Bike.

vr6 with an exhaust sounds better/ just as good as all of the above.

Perhaps. I don’t know much about VW’s. All I know is VR6’s are QUICK.

My friends brother had a VR6 Jetta (like a 97) that was tuned from Germany (something special? Had a German emblem on the trunk from the factory - at least that’s what they said).

probably a wolfsberg mk3. they actually aren’t made in germany. how funny is that? try mexico. all mk3/ mk4 wolfsberg’s are mexican made :facepalm

the vr6 isn’t really fast but its fun when built up, and even better when dropped in to a legit platform.

Give me a break. You mean to tell me that you never: Removed your hand to turn your gas to reserve, Sipped up/down your jacket, adjusted your visor, waived at a fellow motorcyclist? All of which require MORE time to finish said action than it will for me to make myself heard for a second or two?

Dont get me wrong, I dont RELY on the sound of my machine to keep my alive, infact to me it is just an added “tool” that I can use when I feel the need. I am just like you, my eyes are allways moving and looking outs side my 20 something foot “safe bubble” I ride in.

LOL I cant use the quote function aparently ^

I hate the sound of 90% of the harley, hondadavidson, vstars… They all sound “un controlled” or undefined like you mentioned. Up close, and at idle they sound cool, but going by and from 100 feet away they sound like pure ass. Which is why I assume they fuckers run them as well. They ride them and think they sound good 3 feet from their ears. And the frequency waves from a harly seem to travel MUCH farther and a higher pitched inline or italian bike. I live on Mc Donald Dr in Ft Johnson. I can hear a v-twin all the way to Rt30, and most of the way up 67 towards FMCC. My buddy with a HotBody piped GSXR1K I can only hear about half that distance. I think the smaller, tighter sound waves get absorbed by the trees easier. maybe some HAM radio nerd here can explain that better.

Nah, I meant specifically in a situation when someone may hit you. The point I’m making is that you’re pulling in the clutch to alert someone who potentially may (for example) make a left turn in front of you. He may hear you and stop, or he may not and pull out while you’re not prepared to react fast enough because you just revved up the motor and disengaged the clutch. I do have lapses of attention when riding - like you said, waving and all that are a distraction, but when I see someone edging toward the road, last thing I want to do is not be ready to react by hitting the brakes or swerving around. Maybe if I had a bigger bike it would make some sense to rev now and again to wake some cagers up, but my little twofiddy just doesn’t generate that kind of noise.

:rofl

This post made my day

lol… sorry, i call it like i see it :shifty :rofl

seems like if you ride slow, around traffic and obey the “laws of the road” you get owned by idiots. Everyone that rides like they have a brain tumor and 1 day to live have less issues. O.o

:rofl :rofl :rofl