Another reason to say NYS FTL

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=11EC920D4ECD5650&p_docnum=1

John Darby’s great uncle started the company now known as Niagara Transformer Corp. 79 years ago, but the Cheektowaga business is thinking about moving to North Carolina because of a holdup in obtaining brownfield tax credits that would be a key piece of an incentive package to help it expand here.

That has Cheektowaga Supervisor Mary F. Holtz worried. At risk are 54 existing jobs, as well as 14 new jobs over the next two years. Holtz believes Niagara Transformer could add as many as 40 new jobs over the long run.

My father is one of the head fabricators at this plant so this is a personal one for me. Apparently they had a contaminated site that NYS came and cleaned out 8-10 years ago.

They want to expand on state land but that is also contaminated. The state says they are at fault for the contamination and is trying to make the company pay for the clean-up before they approve the expansion.

Why is the land contaminated? The state used it to come clean/wash out their trucks. Guess they are trying to pass the buck and make one and the same time.

lol, sigh.

and they wonder why everyone is leaving. the only reason i’m still here is because the previous generations of my family are here and the business they built is here, otherwise i would be in Charlotte with my uncle

Thats really pathetic. They should search for and Identify the bureaucrat that is responsible for the decision and put him in charge of cleaning bathrooms

but then the state would have thousands of bathroom cleaners and no politicians

:clap:

:clap: