Niagara transformer questions!

Niagara transformer by the galleria mall is hiring. I had a chance to get a job there last summer but passed on it due to me having another job lined up that I would end up getting burned on.

Went and applied there on Tuesday, have an interview tomorrow morning. From what I know its for an assembly line job. Union so you get a pension and around 15 dollars an hour.

My concerns: why do they always go on these hiring sprees every summer it seems? They dont hire through themselvs they have everything done by some agency in west seneca. My interview tomorrow is on Clinton at some random place that has nothing to do with niagara . I figured my interview would at least be at niagara transformer considering theyre the ones that I would be working for? and that this place just reviews and selects people to be interviewed.

Has anyone on here ever worked there or know anyone that has? Ive heard they were decent but dont know anyone that has. They are building a new factory right now.

My father works there upstairs but I dont really know any of the information you want to know though

Id be working downstairs. Im just wondering if its a good company to work for, how they treat their people or is it just some slave shop in a basement having someone bitch at you all day.

Im sure they are decent to be in business for as long as they have been. However they may experience a high rate of turnover because 15 dollars an hour isnt a lot of $ if the job gets boring or there is no room for advancement.

That is true. They seem to have some room to advance and im sure that will increase with the new building going up. But I could see it not being enough money for a job that seems to be more on the boring side of things.

I cleaned there a few yrs back from 9pm to midnight. The guys were nice. Hot as shit in there. Couldnt imagine it on a hot day during day shift

Yea I can imagine it being a scorcher down there during a hot summer day. The new building will be climate controlled even in the factory section but its not going to be done until fall lol. Did it look like a safe place to work?

It wasn’t too bad. When they are painting it’s bad. Hopefully the new building has a paint area. What exactly do you mean by safe? It was always clean.

I’m sure it’s safe. Especially if its a union shop. I’m guessing they have a high turnover if its hot. Many people can’t cut it.

We work with them and I am there a few times a week. Pretty good people for the most part. Now would be a good time if your interested, get the training in just in time for when the new building is done. They seem to be getting busier, which is always good.

usually at assembly/factory jobs you get some interesting/strange co-workers,not as bad as collection agency workers though,lol

Im interested in getting in but the only shift they have is the 330-12 am which I really cant do. That and the health insurance with a high deductible worries me. Working on getting an interview either way

My friend has been working as an assembler for about 6 yrs there now. He doesn’t mind it since the ot helps out. Gets off for like 2 weeks during Xmas all paid without burning your personal and vacation time

thats what I was applying for. I saw that on the posting that time off is awesome. And idea how the insurance is?

I was gonna say I thought I heard you have access to unlimited OT there if you want it. Insurance at most private companies is going to shit…high deductible is the latest fad that isn’t really a fad. 8/

Yes it says on there high deductible I was just wondering how bad it was lol. Ive een trying my ass off to get into ingram micro but not having any luck at all.

Didn’t they switch to a higher deductible at Ingram? My last year was 2008 and I thought they were starting to migrate plans back then. What position were you looking at for Ingram, I know some people there that might be a good inside source for leads. Side note…still waiting for the title?

I think they might of at ingram too. I was looking for something customer service, but right now Id be willing to take on anything. And yes still waiting on it, im making a few phone calls as we speak to see if I can speed it up.