Another sad streetracing story

http://kdka.com/local/local_story_233143133.html

A saturn vs a PT crusier? :jerkit: Now some 18 year old is messed up and lost her unborn baby. You wonder why cops crack down on streetracing? This is why. Not sayong I am against street racing, but take it to deserted highways at night so no innocent people get hurt.

an entire group of people cannot (or should not, I should say) be judged by the actions of a few of its members. You can call it street racing, or you can call it kids being dumb kids.

I’m not judging people, especially since I have and probably will race in the future. All I am saying is do it responsibly and not in a highly populated area (like 5th and Forbes :D).

None of the ppl in the car that the pregnant girl was riding in were wearing seatbelts. That is just dumb. IB she was not pregnant on purpose at 18 yo.

I feel sorry that she lost the baby, that is tragic in itself, but she was not being responsible being pregnant IMO. It’s a shame that this happened. And the road “race” was a joke, who races a PT Cruiser?!? Come on, I second Mike in saying they are “dumb kids”. Could have been me 20 years ago…Luck of the draw and how you choose to live your life. Thank goodness I chose the right path (so far)

where does it say they were street racing? Did i miss it?

i was thinkking the same thing

yeah, it said the vehicle was leaving the dog groomers and got struck by another vehicle…

watch video. trooper says, “possible drag racing”

X2

& they said that they were turning left & pulled out & blocked up the other lanes trying to go…thats stupid too.

:sigh:

and on rt30… dumb ass kids.

or in monroeville :smiley:

Street racing was mentioned on the 11:00 news last night…they said witnesses reported that the cars were travelling in excess of 100mph…

Regardless, this is a sad story. When I was a teenager, I did a little street racing if the situation presented itself…but, fortunately, that was rare and I had a slow car that took a month to get to 60…

As you get older and wiser, you really start to realize how much learning there is with regards to driving. I know that I plan to spend a lot of time with my kids behind the wheel before I set them loose…I know that does not guarantee they will not do something stupid but, hopefully, it will lessen the chances a little.

There have been studies done on teenagers and decision making…and they have found that a teenager’s brain is not fully developed and the result ( a lot of times) is poor judgement…

stupid

darwin

that happen like 5 mins from my house… i heard it was pretty nasty

“thinning the heard”

x3 for natural selection

stupid is as stupid does