ANYONE MISSING A MOTOR?

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/media.canada.com/idl/edjn/20060731/32030-11727.jpg
:rolleyes:
97ST ACCIDENT “DAMN …!”, IS ALL I CAN SAY

So that’s where it went! Thanks man I’ve been looking for that. :E

not cool, those guys show us all why street racing is a risky business.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=71b471e1-491b-4917-bfbe-a388486ac631&k=24307

Even worse when you and your passangers arent wearing seat belts!!! Hopefully they are ok I read one is ok and the other isnt.

WELL THERE WAS 2 CRASHES , BOTH SEATBELTLESS EXESIVLY SPEEDING WHILE IT WAS RAINING.
1ST DODGE NEON, PASSENGER DIED ON THE SPOT . CAR KISSED A POLL AFTER DRIFTLIKE CRASH.
2ND IS THE PICTURE YOU SEE , M3 BMW FROM WHAT IT SAYS AGAIN SETBELTLESS
EXESIVLY SPEEDING ON WET ROAD. THIS ONE WROTE OFF 3 BRAND NEW HUNDAIS AT THE DEALER , LOST A MOTOR , QUORTER WINDOW FLEW OUT AND BROKE DEALERSHIPS WINDOW …CRAZY STUFF BOTH DRIVERS WERE THROWN OUT OF THE CAR THATS AFTER MAKING IT OVER A MEDIAN AND ABOUT 5 LANES.

BY THE WAY INSURANCE DOESN’T COVER ANY STREET RACING ACTIVITIES. sO BILL IN HAND IN BOTH CASSES. :?

We drove by that when heading to the Alberta meet, they were removing one of the Hyundai’s. Its people like this who ruin everything. If you wanna race do it smart and find a deserted road in the middle of know where.

It was not raining on the north end. I came upon the accident less than a minute after it happened. Excessive speed and the guy losing control across a rough intersection are to blame.

the neon had no insurance, no registration and I think no license so he shouldnt have been driving anyway still VERY sad that he died and I dont think it stated whether or not he was racing. The bmw I am sure is most likely financed so there goes his credit he if cant pay it out but I would assume that is the least of his problems right now. I think it is safe say they all learnt their lesson about street racing and I think alot of other people not directly involved will learn from theirs also.

I love how the police officer blamed movies like the fast and the furious.
the way they write up those reports makes us young guys sound like stupid punks, just because SOME of us are morons. and then the rest of us have to pay for it! police officers are just gonna start handing out street racing tickets to young guys in nice cars or tricked out imports even when they don’t deserve them. one of these days some young puck next to me reving his engine to get me to race him in the center of town with tons of people around is gonna get me in trouble even though I ignore them. PISSES ME OFF!!

“I wouldn’t hesitate to use the word ‘idiots’ for these guys,” Bohachyk said. “They have no sense of responsibility, no fear and they don’t give a damn for the consequences.”

I hope that this is only being pointed to this incident only, cuz it’s shit like this that comes back out on legal tuners. People have been racing cars for ages now and now they want to put the blame on hollywood cuz they can’t point the finger at the dumb fucks who cause the accident. They just need a finger to point to please the judicial system and guess who’s going to suffer for it? Anyone who has built a car for themselves are going to be stereotyped as young punks/illegal ricers. They better not start cramping in on legal events or cruises. . . :finga:

sorry for the rant it’s just that i’m sick of being labeled/picked on. . .and i bet there’s more to come. . . :butthead:

Well remeber, the world is a pop culture lemming… They blame whatever is “hot or sexy” that week…

I’m surprised about this recent one… I figured anyone who was going to street race would do it well… where cops dont normally hang out… But hey who said they were smart?

Personally i find it sick, its a tragic loss of life but if your stupid enough not to:
A) Not wear your fucking seatbelt…
B) Race on public streets
C) Let some punk get you in trouble because he challenges you…
Then your probably lacking in the brains part…

Personally i see this turning into a major problem, suddenly i having doubts about my project… Then again I have to have self restraint and use it only when its a ok, and not dangerous.

Hey does anyone know when the police auction is? Maybe we can pick up the suspected racing Infiniti for cheap?

Do I hear a GROUP BUY? :partyman:

lol NECC project car. . . :E

Yeah except no golf balls in the spoiler holes!

That intersection is messed right up!! It has some huge grooves going east to west if he was just coming up the hill and really hitting hard on the pedal its no wonder why he lost it.

What I notice from all of these recent accidents is… It’s inexperience… except for the guy driving the neon, he was drinking apparently!! Kind of sucks if he was drinking and driving, he SHOULD have been the 1 to die not the passenger that couldn’t control his own fate at that moment!

regardless, seatbelts would have saved alot of headaches (literally). as you can see my car in the other thread. I was doin over 100kmph when i spun out, hit the curb, and roled the car. I got out perfectly fine. too bad I can’t say the same for these other kids.

what was an m3 doing racing a dodge neon? or were they 2 seperate incidents?

^^ 2 different incidents

I 100% agree with this.

i want to see a cop try to give me a ticket for street racing while i pull off a light and have another import besides me and im doing the speed limit … i will just shut up and let him charge me and when that happens thats when ill get a lawyer and fight it and voice it to city TV and see what the community thinks about it …

But seriously what the FUCK is wrong with you dumb “street racers” i used to pay 600 a month for insurance in toronto is that what you want it to get that high in edmonton as well… get some sense knocked into that little head. speed doesnt kill provided you are doing it in a safe controlled enviroments. We have monthly autoX, even drift events, street is no place to race specially in edmonton where the roads are bad and you dont even have that much road to begin with cause they are all messed with bumps.

grrr gotta get back to work here

I THINK A LIQUID CONFIDENCE FACTOR PLAYS A BIG ROLE. WEREN’T BOTH PASSENGER AND DRIVER HAMMERED? CUX HONESTLY SPEEDING SOBER IS 1 THING BUT RACING WHILE PISSED … WELL U CAN SEE THE END RESAULT . I CAN ONLY IMAGINE A BUDDY GETTING A 400000$+ BILL FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE AS SOON AS HE LEAVES HOSPITAL TOO.