another tranny

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

my tranny took at shit today. 3rd one in a year. it has no forward gears or reverse. i think i had something break inside.

so that one is now gone? that low mileage one?

yep. i put the transgo shift kit in it about 3 weeks ago and no it’s broke. i was driving it this morning, worked fine. i parked it. got back in to leave i was going down my parents driveway, something felt like it was binding,like i hit the brakes or something, then it freed up and no i have nothing but park.

what was it? th350?

did you install the shift kit correct, maybe thats whats doing in these trannys

of couse i did it right. each trany failed differently. the first one the flexplate cracked and let the convertor wobble which wiped out the front bushing. the second tranny, the driveshaft broke in half while i was racing up the highway which caused the bellhousing to completely break off. and this one, i think a shaft or something major brke inside. if you have ever started a motor without a tranny attached you know how much quicker they rev. well this one is acting like that.

yep th350

well i got a th400 here but its bop… you can have it, if you want to get a adapter plate

grovner

huh? the govenor? i just swapped out one last week cause my truck was starting out in second, and when it would start in first, it would skip second when it shifted.

stick to vw’s

Buddy of mine was having the SAME exact problem with TCI trannys hed get from Summit… Blew 3 in a stcok 81 C10 in about an 8 month time frame… And everytime it was something different.

f that, i drove it to work today and the tranny took a shit in it too. :eek4:

http://www.tranny.com/ buy a new one :rofl:

that sucks

you sure its not the floor mat stuck under the pedal