Another What Tire Thread YAY!!!

Sooo forever I have basically driven any fun car on drag radials and didnt give a crap about what tires were on the front. I need new tires for my M5 and dont know anything about street tires. Here is the thing though if I cant hit it from a roll in first gear without blazing them im going to hate them. So whats out there for a decent price that I can beat on? I dont care much about how fast they wear out. 19" M5 sizes I dont even know exact i would have to go look. Thanks!

more details what kind of driving? What kind of climate?

I drive like an asshole and they are going to be summer tires.

azenis or be goodrich kdw2

BFG G-Sports

this made me feel all funny in my pants

im excited to stunt on hos in this machine.

Dunlop Direzza Z1
Falken Azenis RT615
Hankook Ventus RS-2

Or, if you want them to last a little longer:
Kumho Ecsta SPT

First three are 200 treadwear, the last one is a 300. I’ve ran the SPT’s last summer on my GTO and the RS-2’s the summer before. The RS-2 had more grip but in one summer I rotated them front to back and wore out all 4. One track day, a couple autocrosses and street driving. From a 5mph roll I could hammer it in first and they would barely spin.

The SPT’s on the other hand only wore out 2 in a summer. A few autocrosses, no track days, more street driving. From a 5mph roll they will spin a bit through first but hook fine in 2nd. I’ll be picking up another pair before spring but I’m going to go to a 275 instead of a 245 and roll the fenders a bit if I have to.

you might have to go with something more aggressive than azenis or star specs for the grip you want, maybe re050 or neovas?

I am not too concerned with how long they last but the car will be driven in the rain sometimes. However like I said I have been on dr’s for years so I am sure I can handle it. So here are the tire sizes 245-35-19 and 275-30-19. Let me know what you come up with.

I will take a look at work.Well I will email you later as I had my work ip blocked.

I appreciate it buddy. I need to be doing some burnouts on fresh tires!!!

Azenis, although a great tire, don’t come in the right sizes

Not too grippy tires that are cheap and ok in the rain:
Sumitomo HTR Z III
Fuzion ZRi

Also Nankang NS-2, slightly grippy, not bad in the rain, cheap as shit

BFG KDW2. I run these on the front of mine and I love them. Firehawk853 has them too which is where I got the idea. They look sweet too.

Thanks guys I appreciate the tips since especially with the cheaper tires some can be a good deal and some are junk. I am busy now but after work I will see which ones are available in the sizes I need and go from there.