Azenis or kdw's for the roush?

well i will prob need new tires at some point next summer so i figured i would start looking now in case a deal came along.

i have 295/45/18 on the roush now. they are bfg g force kd tires. i dont really care for them. not sticky at all and not what im looking for.

im not going to drag the car that much so i dont feel like spending a ton on m/t tires that are going to be gone at hte end of summer since i drive the car almost everyday.

but anyway looking to get a 295/40/18 or around that size. going on a 10" wide rim. either azenis or bfgoodrich kdw nt’s. i have kdw’s on the spec and love them. just wanna get something more grippy for the roush for next year.

azenis have a 200 treadwear and the kdw’s have 300 but te azenis are cheaper so i dont know what would be more worth it for the money/performance

just wanted some input from some of you guys thanks in advance

id go for the azenis. but i am biased.

Depending on how much driving you do, the Falkens may only last you a summer. But… they are really grippy and a ton of fun on the street.

prob in the neighborhood of 3-5k miles for the summer

You’d probably get 2 summers out of 'em

+1 more for azenis. I wouldnt run anything else for the price

Azenis are great, atleast till it rains…then you might need a rudder.

I read this all the time but I never had a problem with in the rain. I would just limit my self to 70-75 on the highway.

i could only see a problem in the rain once they get close to the wear bars

they do fine on wet pavement but hydroplane when i hit puddles. they only have 3000 miles on em so i still have plenty of groove depth left. maybe the lack of room in my wheel wells helps contribute to this?

neither; dunlop z1’s

azenis, i rode mine from january till just a few weeks ago(VA is warm in march ;)) and they still weren’t dead, i just got new wheels/tires.

I dropped to a different tire and REALLY miss my 615’s.

I’d go with these too…if they are available in a size that works for you. otherwise the azenis are a good choice

dude for the rears go w/ the nitto 555r drag radial i got 315 35 r17 they arent real soft where they wear too fast, i put almost 3k on mine i drag it whenever im home and they’re still in good shape

The tires aren’t really in the same category at all.

The KDW’s are for longer mileage and if you are really concerned with the rain, but if your only putting on 3-5k a summer go with the stickier tires in my opinion.

You have to decide what you want.

Hankook rs-2’s are a good alternative to azenis as well.

BFG KD’s handle great too but will cost you.

As well I’d consider going with 315/30R18’s, they will work fine on a 10in wheel.

If you think kd’s aren’t giving you traction, I’d stay away from kdw2’s.

As well do you mean they are 295/35’s on your car now?

there is 295/45/18 kd’s on my car now. def dont wana go lower than a 35 series tho. im leaning towards the azenis right now

get some man tires.

MT DRs
BFG TA DRs
Hoosier DRs

yeah i dont have the money to buy new drag radials every summer. hence why i dont wanna get DR’s

Hence why you buy Nittos :wink: