any AZ peeps on NYS?

I know there’s NY transplants all around the country, just curious if any are currently in AZ.

long story short, im looking into moving out to AZ.

any info you can provide? good places to look for housing? places to stay away from? stuff to do? other things to take into consideration?

why do you or do you not like AZ? currently looking around the Phoenix/Mesa areas.

any input is appreciated.

talk to tom (AKA-FERRARI)

he lives down there.

Arizona is fun. Hotter than the hubs of hell in the summer months but I would rather deal with that than all of the snow.

lots of pros and a few cons.

i’ve done my homework lately on this. i plan on doing the move soon.

To answer all those questions that your asking. you need to go there for yourself. No matter what anyone tells you getting your own feel is the only real way to do it.

ya, that’s the next step. Hoping to take a few day trip there in january to really check it out.

:word:

Arizona is nice…
I lived in Mesa for a year. Loved it
My wife didnt like it thought, so we had to come back to Blo.

i live in sierra vista az…not too bad down here. but im actually coming back to buffalo tomorrow night.

im looking right now at booking a trip for jan, but damn, $1000 for a long weekend… for flight, hotel and car.

do you fellas have any insight as to a good hotel to stay that is located centrally to the sights/shopping/etc

idk where freek stayed when he was down here. me and boomin99gt and a bunch of others stayed by the cardinals stadium for the bills game down here. There was a bunch of stuff to do there. Other than that i only stayed by the sky harbor aiport one night when i drove the girl to the airport. Theres alot to do down here just do some more research.

Did you get hit with the layoffs at the mortgage center? I know a ton of ppl that did

luckily my wife and I both got by without getting laid off, but im not waiting around to see the next round of cuts…and the recent budget proposal is the final straw. we’ve been looking and debating for about a month, but now im determined to GTFO of NY.

who did you know here at mortgage?

If you talk to aka-ferrari, I think they rent out the towne houses by him for less than $100/day or something…I think he’s in Tempe.

Really? that would be excellent! Thanks for the heads-up! :tup:

Eazy, shoot me a PM.

My girlfriend and I have been trying to get out there for about a year now.

We are going in march, I’m pretty good at finding cheap airfare/nice places to stay.

Between airfare for the two of us, rental car, and hotel for 4 nights, we are way under 1000 bucks.

go on hotwire.com i stayed at a 4 star right in Tempe for like 55 a night.

Tom lives down in Awatukee. Personally i need to go out to bars and what not to get a good feel for a place. I liked the lower east valley a lot and is the same area as your looking.
If you have any questions shoot me a pm/im/lpp

Yea, I live in the S.E valley. It ok, not alot goin on where i live(too far south). But i know all the good/bad/ghetto areas, and know the valley pretty good overall. If you have any questions I should be able to help you out. pm me if you want.

I was there to visit OG UBRF’er and longtime friend, Kustom Play (Steve), in May of this year. It was awesome to see him, and the weather was great, but it’s just not me. Just too much hot, all the time. I mean, 5 AM was 85 degrees. That’s too much for me. That aside, I loved it, the palm trees, the clean cars, the food, it was all nice. Lots of illegals though too man, jesus…

I live in Central Phoenix right by the Biltmore. If you plan on moving here make sure you live as close to where you work. The commute gets painful when all of the snowbirds are here.

Weather isn’t that bad when you have a pool and its 115*. Right now the high is only 50*.

The only thing I hate about AZ is the education which isn’t important to the culture out here. Low taxes are great but they need to invest and emphasize a solid education - just a different version of a d-bag out here.

QFT, lots of dumbasses round here. commute does suck. nothin like drinkin at the pool all day when its 115. love it