Any builders/contractors out there?

Anybody have any friends in contracting and or building?

I’m looking at this land lot right now, which is just a bare lot with a pole barn 28x30 garage on it. Before I get more serious about it, I’d like to know exactly what I’m getting into with making it a better place.

Seeing how I know as much about building as I do about completing projects on time, I feel up the creek without a paddle.

I’d be curious about costs of

1. Expanding pole barn depth wise
  2. Types of foundation (on ground right now)
  3. Insulation
  4. Landscaping (Cutting trees, leveling, filling)
  5. Modifying interior of pole barn (getting rid of cross beams etc)
  6. Adding doors/sound floors etc.

Basically if there is somebody out there I could talk to and ask a few questions who knows the field, it would be great. I would also be very likely to go through that person when I need labor if I indeed wind up going through with the purchase.

Much appreciated.

Hit up some of your local mom and pop building supply stores around (not Home Depot lol). The mom and pop shops are usually more honest and should be able to recommend a reputable builder/contractor to help you out.

vlad its R.J. i have my own buisness R&B Contracting im fully insured and have plenty of refrences available i think u still have my #

A few of my family members do contracting as well, give me a call if you wanna talk to them.

My uncle won several awards for design/building in Saratoga…he owns the Contracting company.

as far as Landscaping, My dad owns the company (L.A. Lawncare) and I work for him full time. We do ALOT of escavating,tree removal etc…we do everything and were relatively cheap compared to alot of the bigger companys out there. We do Northstar chevrolet, Bruce fence, his own personal house/camp and mothers house, ABF trucking, Churches etc…

if you know northstar, they have a big dirt lot next to the dealer where they store cars that go to auction…about 7 years back, that was all woods…we cleared all of that.

how much land are you talking about excavating/tree removal???

Not a whole lot to start, just enough room for a house and leveling a little bit for parking.

Also curious about septic costs, fully installed, Knox area.

Any disadvatages to having most of the property at a slight downhill from the house location?

when you need flooring im your man, im fully insured , certified (a very rare thing), and have 10 years into it with a partner with 15 yrs into it, also i do all of Lowe’s work and have also done depot for 6 years. i can get you everything at mill cost and give you a deal on my labor