building a pole barn

so my dad and I are looking into putting up a barn behind the house. Something a decent size 20’x50’x12’to the eaves.

has anyone on the forum put up a barn and know what a ballpark estimate would be for something like this? maybe 1 rollup/overhead door, 1 personnel door, no windows. insulation and electrical and everything would be done further on down the line.

also, can you recommend a dealer/installer to get in touch with that would be good to work with?

is there any other info i’m missing?

thanks in advance.
-John

ive been told its around 18 bucks per square foot? so a 20x50 would be 18k plus or minus?

dont quote me on that, but it sounds about right.

i have a morton barn…

im pretty sure it 20x42x15…cost around 20 i think…

Why not look into a steel building… MUCH cheaper and you can build it yourself

Amish /

I thought that too, but I know Dan (juicedz4) has been looking into it for a while and decided on a pole barn rather than steel structure.

Worth checking into for sure, anyhow.

I will check with my bro-in-law, he just built one.
He is a member on here but he is never on here because of all of the retarded little ricers. lol

I have helped build a couple of steel buildings… as long as you dont go for the aircraft hanger style ones (the Oval roof), they can be pretty decent looking and you would never know they were steel…

i think my freind paid like 12-14k delivered for a 30X40 steel building… (didnt include the concrete pad obviously)

Let me guess… he drives a Mustang or Fbod?

Am I the only one that was thinking of “pitching a tent” jokes when they saw this title?

^lol

Just looked into one, something 8 feet tall is tons cheaper than 12ft tall, which didnt help me, as im looking for a building for lifts.

“The Pole Barn”

What a great name for a strip club. Male or Female.

figure $20K

thanks for the input guys,
do you know of any local companies that sell DIY kits?

i dont, i built mine all from scratch

that price i said was just materials

mine is a bit bigger and was ~$25K in materials without a floor
floor was another $10K

more pics of the build here Index of /dubr/kcleary/Garage

is that pit for a paint booth?

maybe :wink:

84 lumber sells kits
http://www.84lumber.com/projects/polebuildings.asp

Keep this updated, I’m interested in seeing what it runs and what you need.