Any Chrysler Techs here at NYSpeed ?

My GF has a 2002 Chrysler 300M Special. The other day it would not shift out of first. Took it to a relative’s shop and now it shifts hard with an SES light. She is going to take it to the dealer.

Just wondered if anyone here is affiliated with any dealer…

speed sensor. input or output i can’t tell you. very very common on those. The code will tell you which one is at fault.

Speedo working? Sounds like the Input Speed Sensor, it puts the car into limp mode. Code P0700 - TCM.

Sensors are at oem-car-parts.com for $14-$15 each, grab a few :slight_smile:

Speedo is working.

Speed sensor would be the first area to check/replace, next would be the solenoid pack. After that it gets expensive.

If your speedo’s working it’s not the Output sensor, so the ISS is where I would start. :tup:

Correct me if wrong, but I was under the impression that there are primary and secondary solenoids. the primaries are whats used 99% of the time but the secondaries are there for limp mode and arent as smooth. Same thing happened with my buddys Northstar caddy

see if you can check what code its throwing. on most chrysler cars, you can do it without a scanner. Put the key in, and turn the ignition on, then off, on, off, and on. Leave it in the on position that third, and last time. Where the mileage normally reads it will come up with the fault codes, and it will say DONE when its complete. Then look up the code on the internet.

[quote=“The_Russian,post:6,topic:28197"”]

Correct me if wrong

[/quote]

done.

[quote=“evilsrt,post:7,topic:28197"”]

see if you can check what code its throwing. on most chrysler cars, you can do it without a scanner. Put the key in, and turn the ignition on, then off, on, off, and on. Leave it in the on position that third, and last time. Where the mileage normally reads it will come up with the fault codes, and it will say DONE when its complete. Then look up the code on the internet.

[/quote]

That worked. PO700 is the code as was mentioned by the psycho. I’ll do a bit of research and see what else I can find…

I should have mentioned the KOn/Koff code. :poke:

they don’t have time to be on the computer, they are too busy fixing chryslers

i fixed it today 2 new speed sensors

[quote=“BIGHANDS,post:12,topic:28197"”]

i fixed it today 2 new speed sensors

[/quote]

:tup: