any decent local junkyards?

Lake like to call themselves Auto reclamationists. They try selling me used parts I can get for the same price new. Ask stallmer, The big guy behind the counter can be a dick.

I might have to check out this jump off in catskill. I think I passed it before

just tune that fat fuck up ,i did and he is cheap as hell for me reguardless of the shop

Yeah, he wants rediculous money for parts.
One part I told him I could buy new for less and he told me he wasnt in competition with anybody.

When the fag used to own it (atleast I always heard the guy was gay) parts were cheaper and people were allowed in the yard. I bought an S10 bed there for $100.

No way. I went there 3 times to look for stuff. That guy is a prick. NO WAY would he let us into the yard. We needed small shit off a for ranger or explorer and he wouldnt sell just the parts he wanted us to take the entire thing! The last time we wanted to get some nice seats to put into a truck, and he told us he had some leather integra seats, adn wanted $400 a piece.

fuck that guy
Not to mention everyone local that trys to deal with them they fuck them over. 2 miles down the road, my friends autobody shop on the right just before the mobil on the left. He has been around for 30 years, and WILL NOT DEAL with that piece of shit.

maybe the times you went there, the owner wasnt on the rag.

he wasnt gay ,just a crack -coke head

Lake Auto is hurtin… It is a friend of my cousins that owns it. They were nice for awhile Benny that works at the Counter the Big Guy with the Tats is pretty cool but can be a dick to people. BUT if you have been going there for awhile you can see why he is a dick to people. My only problem with them is that the Electrical shit you get there is usually garbage and if you return something of course hey have the restocking fee which I dont mind BUT somehow they also seem to forget you returned the shit and still try to get the money out of you

Yeah Bill’s fucked my friend over a few times with parts they said they had and we’d go all the way there and they didnt have what we needed and another time my friend almost beat the shit out of the guy there for being such a dick to him.

They dont seem to just let anybody in the yard either- we had to ride in a truck with an employee to go look at the parts.

I just heard from alot of people that the older guy with whitish hair that owned Lake was a fag. I think that he owned it after somebody else did because I dont remember him using the lot across the street like the owner before him did, mainly for trucks.

If you don’t mind a long ride, there is Garys U Pull It off the Sanitaria Springs exit on I-88 heading towards Binghamton. They are very reasonable with their prices.

Anything good/new there?
Like anything for my '06 F150?

they have some new stuff, there is another junkyard right next door called dons auto mall, they have a lot of new stuff. I don’t know if they have any footprint gas pedals for your mustang though…

Well thats ok since Im not looking for one of those.

I was just looking for a cheap set of bed rail covers to replace the set that the previous owner scratched to shit on my truck.

www.garysupullit.com is the website and also www.donsauto.com

yeah thats the name of the one i thought was lower state than that .great guys good parts super prices:thumbup

looks like ill be making some calls tomorrow on break!

i guess thats what happens when my boss is friends with the guy…lol
i walked all around the yard…roaming around looking at whatever i wanted…there was some pretty cool shit back there…
i just didnt like how he charged me $50 for a taillight! :wtf
i bought it…just cuz i needed it that bad…

I was Gary’s U Pull about 3 weeks ago. It’s all gravel, and all the vechicles are on steel wheels off the ground. A lot of Cash 4 Clunker cars there. Everything was kinda picked over. My buddy did get a '96 only Mopar Performance PCM outta a CFC Dakota for $30! seats are $9 but they charge for each motor in them if they are powered. $7 for each motor in the seat I think. I did get a seat belt buckle for my '95 Cherokee for free, but thats because my buddy lives in Binghamton and goes there all the time.

There’s another yard in Binghamton that’ll let you wander around. You have to sign into & out of both yards. Thats a first for me. This yard had a lotta old shit. '70 XR7 Cougar, '76 Dodge Dart Sport Hang 10, Ranchero’s, Germlin X, Javlin, Nova’s El Co’s. Most of the stuff there is picked over too or soo rusted it’s not worth fixing.

There’s Eiss Brothers in Watertown.

Jerry Brown’s is the best, VERY organized. Prices are a bit more then i’m usally looking to spend. Nothing older then 9 years old i belive there. Surprisinly no Jeep Rubicon wheels, which was what i was looking for. They got over 300 CFC cars in. I usally deal with Ken. Great guy and is always friendly. Then again My dealership/ bodyshop does a lot with them.

im going to be callin gary’s in the am to check on a transmission…

this thread maybe helpful if someone cleans up the clutter and just lists names, locations and numbers… im sure other people may need this info at some point…

theres also one in mass…google says 2hrs 53min…but i think it wouldnt be hard to get there in 2-2.5 hrs…
Middleboro Auto Salvage…Middleboro, MA (sp?)
508-947-2691

kacz’s in amsterdam usually has decent prices…

my buddy bill works at post down in catskill